Manager, Corporate Sales Engineering
Posted on: February 16, 2019
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity-and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is looking for a self-starting, responsible, mature, highly-motivated Corporate Sales Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented sales engineers focused on new, add-on and renewal sales to education and middle-enterprise accounts.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background in email security and prior experience managing technical sales teams. An ability to "lead from the front" and a willingness to act as both player and coach to help your team secure the technical win will be key to your success.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of your team of Sales Engineers
- Resource management - assign projects, accounts, and meetings to sales engineers as required, and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Work as an individual contributor for key accounts as needed or requested
- Participate in technical sales calls, and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategy at the account level.
- Engage directly with customers in technical or sales escalations, and drive issues to resolution.
- Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team as well as the larger sales organization
- This is an office based role, with no remote/telecommute options at this time.
What you bring to the team
- All aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s and annual reviews
- Hire, train and retain top talent
- Provide feedback and direction, both positive and constructive, to personnel in a timely manner
- Build a strong team and provide satisfaction among your team and customers
- Influence both internal and external C-level executives through presentations and briefings
- Work collaboratively with other groups, including Sales, Professional Services, Support, Engineering, and Product Management, to ensure effective operation of your team, achieve the technical win, and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Formulate best practices for presentations, demos, and evaluations as well as overall sales strategy
- Act as a trusted advisor to higher level management on strategic opportunity reviews, emerging competitive threats, product direction, and establishing sales objectives and strategies
- 7-10 years of experience in sales engineering, selling to commercial and EDU accounts
- Prior management experience
- Technical background in messaging and security
- Experience with both Linux and Windows
- A thorough background of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, and network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, load balancers, etc.)
- CISSP and related certifications are a plus
- BSCS or equivalent
- Travel: 0-25%
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
Keywords: Proofpoint, Sunnyvale , Manager, Corporate Sales Engineering, Sales , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!