Director of Sales
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: May 13, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
standards and instill a passion for customer service in all
associates of the hotel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to
produce extended stay room sales by regularly selling hotel rooms
through direct client contact at their place of business.
- Develop new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement
sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for
the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction. Create room
allocation and pricing strategies for all Local Negotiated
Accounts, collaborate with the General Manager and Regional Revenue
Manager for counsel as needed.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals, and
maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility.
Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating
budget, the hotel sales and marketing plan, and other assigned
financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
Produce regular reports and sales forecasts.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team of the hotel to
positively impact the effectiveness of the operation of the
- If managing other Sales employees, hiring and evaluating the
appropriate sales people for the hotel, directing the day-to-day
activities of the team, planning, organizing and assigning work,
developing and communicating strategies and goals. Create, train,
and motivate those responsible for developing new accounts,
maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to
achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while
maintaining guest satisfaction. Advise staff of formal policies and
procedures. Manage all human resources-related actions in
accordance with Company rules and policies.
- Independently create and implement hotel-level tactical sales
plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average
rates, and increase business volume during off-peak periods.
Monitor sales activities and performance to ensure actual sales
exceed the established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends. Coordinate
all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share
through added business volume and increased rates.
- Coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate
services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with officials and
representatives of local community groups. In coordination with
General Manager, serve as hotel representative for media related
inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the Corporate
Communications as necessary.
- Prepare Weekly/Monthly reporting on account, individual,
segment, and tier production.
- Act as "Manager on duty" as required.
- Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative
of the management team of the hotel and to prospect for additional
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS AND
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business
Administration or related field preferred.
- Three years of previous hotel sales experience strongly
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Opera and Automated Sales
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 25
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.Sonesta recognizes
that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and
financial security of employees and their families. We offer a
variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and
Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k)
Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days,
Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental
Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and
Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and
Discounts.We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or
federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Sunnyvale , Director of Sales, Sales , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!