Senior IT Business Analyst
Company: Pharmacyclics, LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization
of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of
life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer
patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie
(NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio
consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing
multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more
than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists,
clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work
in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in
immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their
knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates
(ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop
novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart
cancer. General Position Summary/Purpose: We are seeking a Senior
IT Business Analyst to collaborate with internal and external
stakeholders in requirements gathering/documentation, functional
design, IT testing, coordinating user testing and providing as
needed functional production support. The Business Analyst will
support our Sales/Commercial CRM application (Veeva) based on the
Salesforce.com platform and should be familiar with pharma sales
operations processes. The resource should be comfortable working
hands-on in Veeva CRM/Salesforce.com and will collaborate closely
with Commercial, Sales, Medical, IT Operations, Marketing and our
partner Veeva. The position will report to the Associate Director,
Commercial Applications. Key Accountabilities/Core Job
- Lead requirements gathering efforts (Business
Process/Functional and Technical Specifications) for the CRM
application across Sales/Commercial.
- Develop project definition in partnership with business
sponsors for multiple, concurrent projects. This includes
identifying scope, constraints, deliverables, timelines, and
facilitating project status meetings.
- Translate and document non-technical requirements into
technical concepts with a comprehensive understanding of Veeva
CRM/Salesforce.com and technical interdependencies.
- Test developed solutions as needed and coordinate\facilitate
testing with QA resources.
- Develop robust business cases with recommendations of evolving
technologies to fit with existing application infrastructure,
scalability, reliability, availability and serviceability for the
company, while identifying trade-offs and risks associated.
- Continually assess business needs and implement measures that
will ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded by enhancing
system capability and performance.
- Document and track change requests and system defects.
- Manage issue resolutions with product vendors.
- Generate meeting minutes, documentation, presentations and
reports as needed.
- Create training materials for solutions and deliver training to
- Provide CRM administration and operational support in
coordination with Medical and Sales Operations groups.
- Escalate issues to Sales/Commercial/Medical Operations/IT
Management and vendor support as needed.
- Support and assist other analysts with troubleshooting system
issues. Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7-10 years minimum experience in the Information Technology
- 5 years minimum experience working with Salesforce.com.
- 1+ years of previous Veeva CRM related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred. Equivalent experience is
acceptable in lieu of degree(s).
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of systems development lifecycle
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Visio) at advanced level.
- Ability to evaluate change requests and provide accurate
information based on the evaluation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
organization. #Li-SH05 Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, LLC, Sunnyvale , Senior IT Business Analyst, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!