Business Process Analyst
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative
power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater
innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for
simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future
opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority
for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full
potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and
integrate data management across the resources that are best for
the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the
power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and
modernize storage through data management.
NetApp Business Systems Analysts work as part of a team that
supports and enhances NetApp's business processes and systems. You
will utilize your strong technical competencies and functional
business expertise to identify, evaluate and develop systems and
procedures that meet business user requirements. To do this
successfully you will work closely with cross-functional teams to
understand business needs; and IT development to provide automated
solutions. This is a more senior position in the department,
focusing on complex issues that require in-depth analysis of
variable factors and the development of creative and cost effective
solutions. An ability to understand complex business process issues
and communicate technical solutions to the internal client, and to
Management, is essential for your success in this role. This role
requires demonstrated expertise in an outsourced manufacturing
model for supply chain fulfillment, demand forecasting, supply
planning, inventory management, S&OP processes and related
You will work as part of a team that is tasked to:
- Recommend improvement/solutions to business processes and systems
based on an understanding of business needs.
- Lead systems and process improvement projects
- Lead design of business process and business system solutions for
supply chain domain
-Lead scope and definition for business process and system testing
for high quality results for system implementations
- Produce and maintain project schedules, meeting minutes and
action plans. May act as the project leader on complex projects, or
where your skills exceed those of the functional business team.
- Research emerging technologies and suppliers that could provide
potential value-add to current or planned tools and processes.
- Lead people and projects on behalf of operations management and
drive process improvement. This may include representation of the
operations function on cross-functional teams, as assigned.
- Provide training to the super user community on systems and/or
process improvement techniques. Coordinate any needed systems
training for the BA team with the IT group.
- Document and establish business controls or functional policies
in the form of ISO procedures or desk instructions.
- Participate in or lead technology/tool supplier assessments,
including the audit and selection process.
- Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement.
- Understand and monitor the product roadmap to stay ahead of
emerging trends that will challenge existing processes or
- Good oral and written communication skills; including process
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, task and project
management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of tools, processes, and operations planning.
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex
- Good understanding of engineering principles and practices.
- Strong technical background with advanced personal computer
skills including: MicroSoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle.
Experience with advanced analytics tools ie Tableau, Alteryx
- Experience with full lifecycle implementation of advanced
planning systems (ie cloud based technologies)
-Demonstrated experience with successful process and system
transformation in high technology market with measurable business
-Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other
Operations Business Systems Analysts and cross functional peers to
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured
and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new
perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in
solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as
identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice
President level employees within the function, across functions and
with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual
can operate and drive results and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable
results through regular leadership and influencing others.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 11 years of
experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree required; Business
Management, Operations or Information Technology, or related
technical field is preferred.
-Advanced degree preferred (MS)
-Demonstrated ability to design business process and system
applications with track record of measurable business results
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as
we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to
change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is
inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the
heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity,
teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people
are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate.
Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be
data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our
customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s
the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance
for our employees because what s important to them is important to
us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages
employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through
birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious
health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class,
offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate
their time with their favorite organizations. We provide
comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you
and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services,
and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer
financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Business Process Analyst, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!