Consulting Systems Engineer (AMSL2662)
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 310,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog http://blog.fortinet.com/ or FortiGuard Labs http://www.fortiguard.com/.
United States [US]
Consulting Systems Engineer (AMSL2662)
Full Time Regular
Support sales activities as a strategic and high-level corporate technical resource for vital pre-sales engagements and key opportunities.
Develop and maintain:
* Core competency on Fortinet s entire product line and technologies
* Expert-level technical and marketing knowledge in one of four specific technology disciplines as they relate to Fortinet s products:
* Network Security Infrastructure Switching, Routing, and Availability
* Network Security Enforcement Firewall/VPN; Access, Authentication, and Privacy
* Network Security Management Centralized Configuration, Administration, and Reporting
* Network Security Intelligence Stateful inspection, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Intrusion Prevention, Content-Filtering and Application-level Security
* Product knowledge of Fortinet s key competitors.
* Act as subject-matter expert in pre-sales design reviews and serve as authoritative consultant to Field Systems Engineers by providing technical guidance and leadership.
* Participate with SE peers to lead the design and architecture of secure IP networks utilizing and leveraging all aspects of Fortinet s product line to create superior solutions in competitive environments.
* Provide training to System Engineers at various events worldwide and mentor SE specialists within Virtual Teams.
* Serve as Virtual Team Leaders and act as voice representing the International Sales Organization from a technical perspective at various meetings and committees.
* Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to help identify, qualify, and develop features critical to Fortinet s success.
* Write whitepapers, tech notes, and other high-level technical documentation as required.
* Interface with Fortinet s Business and Technology partners within designated technology discipline and distribute that knowledge to the field Systems Engineers.
* Provide status reports in timely manner and ensure communication to the SE Director / VP SE.
* Minimum 15 years Technical experience in networking / security
* Extensive knowledge of Ip networks
* Extensive knowledge of switching / routing
* Good knowledge of security as a whole
* key operational concepts
* network security technologies
* Other, competitive products (will be a plus)
* Team worker, focused on reaching objectives
* Experience with testing devices such as Spirent or Breaking Point (will be a plus)
* Scripting (will be a plus)
* Ability to travel
BSEE or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred
EEOC / AAP
Accommodation: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Fortinet, Inc at (408) 235-7700 of firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Fortinet participates in E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records
Keywords: Fortinet, Sunnyvale , Consulting Systems Engineer (AMSL2662), Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!