Sr Professional Services Manager, Consulting - Cloud Practice
Posted on: September 14, 2018
- Professional Services Consulting Manager focused on Cloud Data Services and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Leads a team of -20 cloud consultants located across the Americas performing pre-sales and post-sales cloud solutions design and implementation
- Oversees the design and implementation of detailed technology solutions for clients using company products, outsourced solutions, or proprietary tools/techniques.
- Performs in both a people management capacity and a technical leadership capacity.
- Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement, skill/capacity to deliver cloud implementation projects, billable utilization for the team, performance against budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure excellent skills readiness, efficient operation, best practices, knowledge sharing, customer-focused culture, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Building and influencing relationships with account teams and customers.
- Understanding sales and account strategies and positioning NetApp's Professional Services to deliver a total solution.
- Digital Transformation; cloud and hybrid cloud data management services and solutions
*** This position can be located in just about any major US City. Some preferences are as follows: Sunnyvale CA, Raleigh/Durham NC, Vienna VA, Denver/Boulder CO, New York City, Atlanta GA, and Chicago IL. ***
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies, concepts, management in a distributed environment, with specialized experience in Cloud and data storage management.
- Expertise and experience in the cloud market, competitive offerings, methodologies, competencies, and developing a team of cloud consultants
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as presentation, customer, business, and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage financial elements in a professional services consulting business.
- Experience in managing and enhancing a world-class field services organization, as well as growing a Professional Services consulting practice.
- Senior management experience with consulting business management, SAN and NAS storage, UNIX and NT solutions, and backup solutions is critical.
- Experience in partner management, operations, and project management.
- Recurring review of delivery documents.
- Reporting requirements include: weekly performance reports to sales peers, monthly forecast of revenue recognition, and monthly business reviews (both direct team and sales reports).
- Up to 65%+ travel required.
Management and Interaction:
- This individual uses their management and technical skills to develop, modify and execute company policies that affect operations and may have a company-wide effect.
- The scope of responsibility for this person includes implementing strategic policies and establishing and adhering to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- This individual manages the coordination of activities of the Cloud Consulting practice across the Americas.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with colleagues in product management, cloud portfolio team, cloud global practices, onshore/offshore remote delivery team, peer practices teams, technical support, operations, contracts, and finance.
- BS/BA degree in a technical or business discipline and a minimum of 10 years of applicable industry experience, or equivalent combination of education/certifications/training and related experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of Professional Services Sales industry experience required, including 5+ years managing Professional Services Consultants, or similar related individuals
- Data Management and Managed Services sales experience a plus
- Proven experience interacting at all levels of an organization, and presenting solutions at an Executive level
- Proven ability to translate very complex data management solutions or strategies into simple to understand clear concepts and objectives for project execution
- Experience with selling cloud, cloud-connected or hybrid-cloud data management services a strong plus
- Experience with positioning, selling, delivering automation and API integration services a strong plus
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Sr Professional Services Manager, Consulting - Cloud Practice, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!