Posted on: September 13, 2018
Job Title: Client Services Technician Location: US External Description: Support.com (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a fast paced environment fully committed to providing world-class customer service. The Client Services Technician role provides inbound customer service support for basic troubleshooting and resolution of service related problems for high speed internet and wireless gateways. This is an exciting work from home opportunity requiring you to work and engage with others in a virtual environment, while providing our customers with a high quality customer service experience. As a Client Services Technician you will be fully trained to perform the following duties. Work From Home - US - Multiple, United States Responsibilities:
- Actively listen to customer needs and offer appropriate education of products and services to prevent churn.
- Respond real time to customer Inbound questions and problems.
- Make outbound calls to touch base with new customers, determine if satisfied or need help, and ensure the customer is satisfied with their new installation.
- Utilize resources to upsell and explain competitive edge.
- Effective use of persuasive techniques to overcome objections.
- Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Resolve customer complaints and situations calmly and courteously.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service and technical problems using remote control tools with PC/MAC and tablet.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues when the customer is using a smartphone app.
- Meets retention, sales and customer service performance metrics.
- Explain and instruct the customer on the value and operation of the product and service.
- Retain customers at high risk for churn. Skills:
- Can demonstrate active learning skills, ownership and empathy in providing a customer with the service they need.
- Ability to interpret a flow chart to deliver a work process.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, diagnose troubleshoot and solve technical and service related issues.
- Communicate technical directions over the phone to inexperienced computer users.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Communicate and present complex information effectively on the telephone demonstrating a professional tone, voice inflection and intonation.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to follow written instructions and integrate changes in instruction effectively.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a very structured environment with scheduled rest and meal periods Qualifications:
- 1 year of related experience in a customer service and/or technical support environment.
- Understanding of wired and wireless home networks using multiple network technologies such as cable modems, routers, printers, etc. (DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Port Forwarding).
- Working knowledge of computers, smart phones, tablets and other peripheral devices.
- Successfully pass our technical test and complete our interview process.
- Pass an extensive background check. Working for Support.com:
- $11.00 per hour*
- Spanish Speaking Bilingual Differential
- Testing required
- Extra Hours Available
- 100% Work from Home
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Promotional Opportunities
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan *$10.50 per hour plus $.50 cent per hour for reimbursement Job Description:Minimum CPU Speed
- 2 Physical GHz Processor or better
- 4 Physical GHz processor or better
- i5 or better processor preferred
- Minimum 4Gb RAM
- Minimum vertical monitor resolution of 1080 pixels (1920x1080 or higher preferred)
- Multiple monitors highly recommended
- 80 GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive or better
- Internet connection speeds exceeding 5Mbps down and 1Mbps up
- Satellite and/or Cellular connection (3g/4g) are not allowed.
- Windows 8.1, 10 including .NET 4.5 with all security patches applied
- HTML5 Compliant Web Browser (IE11 or higher, Chrome, etc)
- Antivirus Software.
- Corded (Not wireless) noise cancelling USB Headset
- Webcam Support.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Support.com, Sunnyvale , service technician, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!