Principal Consultant, Incident Response (Remote)
Company: CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Principal Consultant, Incident Response (Remote) page is loaded
Principal Consultant, Incident Response (Remote) Apply locations
USA - Remote time type Full time posted on Posted 14 Days Ago job
requisition id R14700 #WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop
breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the
game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform
has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated
cyberattacks. We're looking for people with limitless passion, a
relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the
customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity.
Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is
committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that
offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of
work and life while taking their career to the next level.
Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and
leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team,
one fight. About the Role:CrowdStrike is looking for highly
motivated, self-driven, technical consultants dedicated to making a
difference in global security by protecting organizations against
the most advanced attackers in the world. Our CrowdStrike Services
team offers opportunities to expand your skill set through a wide
variety of engagements including front page incident response
investigations for organizations you'll find on the annual Fortune
100 list.Am I a Principal Consultant Candidate?
- Do you find yourself interested in and keeping up with the
latest vulnerabilities and breaches?
- Are you self-motivated and looking for an opportunity to
rapidly accelerate your skills?
- Do you crave new and innovative work that actually matters to
- Do you have an Incident Response or Information Security
background that you're not fully utilizing?
- Are you capable of leading teams and interacting with
- Do you love working around like-minded, smart people who you
can learn from and mentor on a daily basis?What You'll Do:
- Lead incident response engagements
- Develop and use new methods to hunt for bad actors across large
sets of data.
- Work under the direction of outside counsel to conduct
- Perform host and/or network-based forensics across Windows,
Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Perform basic malware analysis.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations,
recommendations, and findings to key stakeholders including
customer management, regulators, and legal counsel .
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership through blog posts,
CrowdCasts, and other public speaking events.What You'll
Need:Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of
the following areas:
- Team leadership experience in a matrixed consulting
- Incident Response: experience conducting or managing incident
response investigations for organizations, investigating targeted
threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime,
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of
forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to
determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Network Forensic Analysis: strong knowledge of network
protocols, network analysis tools like Bro/Zeek or Suricata, and
ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Reverse Engineering: ability to understand the capabilities of
static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks
and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation
plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong
understanding of secure network architecture and strong background
in performing network operations.
- Cloud Incident Response: knowledge in any of the following
areas: AWS, Azure, GCP incident response methodologies.
- Communications: strong ability to communicate executive and/or
detailed level findings to clients; ability to effectively
communicate tasks, guidance, and methodology with internal
teamsAdditionally, all candidates must possess the following
- Capable of completing technical tasks without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand both technical and soft skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Contributing thought leader within the incident response
- Ability to foster a positive work environment and
- Ability to travel on short notice, up to 30% of the
time.Education:BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information
Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies,
Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, or a related field. Applicants
without a degree but with relevant work experience and/or training
will be considered.#LI-Remote#LI-AC1 -#LI-DL1 -This role may
require the candidate to periodically undergo and pass alcohol
and/or drug test(s) during the course of employment.Benefits of
Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements -
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption -
- A variety of professional development and mentorship
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation
and collaboration We are committed to fostering a culture of
belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are
and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning
and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we
achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best
possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable
accommodation to access the information provided on this website,
please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com , for further assistance.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program. Notice of
E-Verify Participation Right to Work CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed
to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary range
for this position in the U.S. is $125,000 - $185,000 per year +
variable/incentive compensation + equity + benefits. A candidate's
salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited
to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and location.
About Us CrowdStrike was founded in 2011 to fix a fundamental
problem: The sophisticated attacks that were forcing the world's
leading businesses into the headlines could not be solved with
existing malware-based defenses. Founder George Kurtz realized that
a brand new approach was needed - one that combines the most
advanced endpoint protection with expert intelligence to pinpoint
the adversaries perpetrating the attacks, not just the malware. -
There's much more to the story of how Falcon has redefined endpoint
protection but there's only one thing to remember about
CrowdStrike: We stop breaches.
Keywords: CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc., Sunnyvale , Principal Consultant, Incident Response (Remote), Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!