Principal Consultant Product/Service Lifecyle Management
Company: Wipro Technologies
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Principal Consultant Product/Service Lifecyle Management
(PLM-SLM Digital Technologies)Shifting market disruption is forcing
business to become more Digital. With historical business and
operating models being challenged, organizations must rethink and
enable new strategic priorities. We see a need for these
organizations to quickly pivot; transforming their business and
operating models, accelerating innovation, bringing products to
market more rapidly, and safeguarding supply chains from component
shortages and logistics delays to capture new market opportunities.
The Digital Consulting organization is Wipro's tip-of-the-spear;
focused on addressing disruptive market headwinds, reimaging
business processes, repositioning business models and refocusing
product strategies through design led transformation. Wipro's
Digital Consulting organization also continuously innovates from
within, to ensure our clients' most critical needs are solutioned
and resolved.Are you as passionate as we are about fusing Digital
and Consulting to bring truly measurable value to our global
clients? Do you believe in the power of innovation to build a
future that is more human-centered and enabled by technology?Then
you may be the Principal Consultant for Product/Service Lifecyle
Management we are seeking. Theideal candidatewill be a seasoned
functional-techno consultant who can serve as a liaison between
Functional areas and PLM-SLM Technology for optimal product/service
lifecycle management in hi-tech. Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive planning and delivery of the client's Product
Lifecycle Management (PLM) program as part of the Apple Care
- Strategize, plan various phases of PLM roadmap including
current state/ future state capability mapping with a clear focus
on eliminating manual workflows, streamline processes, and build
sustainable transformative practices using PLM technology and
advanced digital capabilities.
- Collaborate with theTechnicaladvisors to envision Next-Gen
Service BOM that incorporates all types and aspects of service and
support-related information and is linked to the master BOM and is
- Incorporate service lifecycle management as an integral part of
the product lifecycle management to achieve significant improvement
in service readiness & cost effectiveness of warranty
- Support business case creation to assess investments in
serviceability technologies, including technologies such as
machine-to-machine communication and the internet of things to
drive business outcomes.
- Oversee implementation of PLM program roadmap as envisioned to
enable successful outcomes through measurable metrics and
- Serve as a liaison between Business/Functional areas,Technology
(IT organization) and Data Governance/ Compliance teams to ensure
that business requirements for protecting sensitive data are
clearly defined, communicated, and well understood, and considered
as part of PLM program prioritization and planning.
- Help institute enterprise-wide information sharing practices.
The purpose is not only to reduce cost and time-to-market of
information, but also to facilitate feedback from engineering,
manufacturing, compliance, service, and warranty functions to
improve the quality of information in the PLM system, which can
then be leveraged across products and lifecycle phases.
- Be a functional advisor and thought leader for technology
solution partners, help with decisions and recommendations to
develop a strategic enterprise data model for product information.
Collaborate with teams on technology innovation investments, vendor
partnerships and enable advanced digital capabilities to improve
functional efficiencies for Apple Care.
- Drive excellence in PLM processes, systems, and performance
aligned with organizational priorities.
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders and build
relationships with key partners to achieve mutual product goals.
- Solid breadth/depth of business functional expertise with
knowledge of offerings within the PLM solution landscape for
Service and Warranty organization
- Ability to clearly rationalize and articulate function-wide
requirements to enable aPLM framework which governs the service
lifecycle management as a dynamic process throughout the useful
life of the asset.
- Conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to
navigate ambiguity, develop frameworks and distill complex
information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Experience with directing solution design in large
organizational programs with focus on business process
transformation/ operating model redesign and service bill of
materials(BOM) optimization using PLM technology, BI, common
federated datahubs and industry best practice frameworks.
- Solid program/project management, negotiation, planning, and
organizational change skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills, including the ability to set the context and present on
complex subjects to senior management in a clear and concise
- Must be an excellent listener who spends time understanding
client's business environment and challenges thoroughly and a
gradual influencer of solutions through continuous improvement
through adoption of best practices, standards, policies, and
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate depth and breadth of
subject matter knowledge, conflict resolution & change influencing
skills and ability to learn from mistakes with specific case study/
- Must be a people personality who is excellent at researching,
learning new things quickly, enjoys creative problem solving, is
hands-on and can easily navigate with different levels of
- People personality who is excellent at researching, learning
new things quickly, enjoys creative problem solving, is hands-on
and can easily navigate with different levels of management.
- Management consulting backgroundor Industry background with
cross-organizational transformation program experienceNice to Have:
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter platform, data flows in Hitech
industryand/or internal Apple business experience.
- Design thinking & ideation.
- Experience with PDM/PIM/Product datahubs.
- Former business lead for large scale system implementation
- Experience in Scrum, Scaled Agile or similar
frameworks.Qualifications & Experience
- 10-14 years of strong background and progressive experience in
leading PLM-SLM transformation programs for global organizations
with focus on functional aspects of life cycle management.
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience with product data
architecture, modeling, machine learning, data quality management,
readiness, and governance
- Exceptional presentation, communication, negotiation and
- Creative and logical thinker, self-starter, problem solver, and
quick learner, with the ability to navigate difficult conversations
with customers and colleagues in a well-structured and meaningful
- Experience in working in a high achieving, environment - where
making sense of ambiguity is a key to success. Business
Keywords: Wipro Technologies, Sunnyvale , Principal Consultant Product/Service Lifecyle Management, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!