Principal / Sr. Principle Quality Financial Analyst
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Principal / Sr. Principle Quality Financial Analyst
- Category: Mission and Quality Assurance
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the
boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and
cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start
contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing
real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take
pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to
grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With
our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right
opportunities to fit your life and launch your career
today.Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented
Quality Financial Analyst to join our team in Sunnyvale, CA.The
Quality Financial Analyst will support the Quality & Mission
Excellence and be involved in various financial functions such as
rate monitoring, variance analysis, forecast updates, and monthly
program Earned Value reporting. A successful candidate should be
proactive and self-motivated. Strong written and oral communication
skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and technical
skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint) are essential for this role.
Candidate will work in a service-oriented team environment and will
regularly interface with various levels of Program Management,
Operations, and Business Management personnel.Roles and
- Compiles and reviews budgets for Quality and Mission Excellence
(QME) organization using actual performance, previous budget
figures, estimates and other data sources to control funds and
provide for proper financial administration.
- Prepares plans, monitors implementation of financial policies,
prepares regular and special purpose reports, maintains historical
records, analyzes trends, establishes cost rates and personnel
forecasts, recommends and interprets budgetary policies and
procedures, prepares comparative evaluation of actual costs against
budgeted funds, and determines rationale for variances between
costs and budget.
- Tracks and analyzes monthly variances between actuals and
planned budget. Works with the Program team and budget owners to
correct charging issues.
- Assists in developing, planning and estimating proposals.
- Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the
development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost,
scheduling, and performance elements for the Quality department in
support of program Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models
to support proposal efforts.
- Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding
meetings. Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with
management and customer representatives.Basic Qualifications:
- For Principle Financial Analyst: Bachelor's degree in
Accounting, Finance, Business Management (or a related field) and 4
years of experience or 8+ years related experience (in lieu of
- For Sr. Principle Financial Analyst: Bachelor's degree in
Accounting, Finance, Business Management (or a related field) and 6
years of experience or 10+ years related experience (in lieu of
- Direct experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS),
Budgets, and Proposals.
- Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
Suite, especially MS Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to attain required security level clearance.Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business related field of study.
- Prior experience using Cognos and/or Business Warehouse.
- Possess strong SAP skills and experience.
- Defense Industry experience. Salary Range: $103,900 USD -
$155,900 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Principal / Sr. Principle Quality Financial Analyst, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!