Outbound Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 25, 2022
US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 25%
Now offering $10,000 sign on bonus!
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the
activities associated with night warehouse operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision
of order selection, product replenishment, order loading, ensuring
safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and
direction to assigned warehouse staff.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in
order selection, product replenishment, order loading, including
all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and night forklift
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Administers the proper utilization of Company assets in support
of the warehouse.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as
- Review night warehouse functions and various warehouse
productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction
measures and assists with implementation of changes within night
- Conducts shipping and loading audit daily ensuring all required
documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food
safety, and catch-weight documentation) and that material is
handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for
- Assist with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage
to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Aid with the training of new associates, including
cross-training of existing associates.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering
questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submit and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Organizes efforts with the Safety department to aid in
training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred
work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior
modification where required.
- Execute management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related
duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain
Management or similar major preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word
Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments and shifts proactively and constructively
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following
established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and
- Reports to work promptly and regularly.
- Works well with others.
- Display the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating
Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e.
training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.Required
Keywords: Sysco, Sunnyvale , Outbound Warehouse Supervisor, Professions , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!