Silicon Performance Architect
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Facebook AR/VR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute
performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and
Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is
driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in
computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics,
displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips
will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will
mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to
achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor,
through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
We are looking for a Silicon Performance Architect who will work
with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. This ideal
candidate will understand the full spectrum of silicon performance,
analysis, and projections from algorithms on generic compute units
to custom silicon IP blocks, traditional compute benchmarking, and
SOC and System level implications.
- Define performance architecture that includes functions such as
image compute, CPU/GPU benchmarking, throughput and QoS analysis,
performance architectures and detailed modeling and analysis.
- Surpass state of the art for metrics such as compute, bandwidth
and power consumption.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, build new
methodologies, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a
concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a
high-volume consumer product.
- Understand the tradeoffs between general purpose and custom
compute mechanisms, be able to model data-flows, and create
detailed cost/benefit analysis.
- Work with other Architects in undertaking performance analysis,
modeling, and projections. Produce detailed documents and SystemC
models matching the proposed ASIC implementation, and perform
detailed tradeoff analyses for executive review and product roadmap
- Plan and document the Performance test plan for silicon.
- 7+ years of experience with production silicon.
- 2+ years of experience with methods for partitioning a solution
across hardware and software, digital, and other multi-disciplinary
boundaries in a system solution.
- 2+ years of experience evaluating architectural trade-offs of
performance, power, and area.
- Experience employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and
drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues.
- MS EE/CS or equivalent experience.
- Experience in top down high-level-model to HW mapping.
- Experience in SystemC/TLM2 performance modeling.
- Experience with cycle-accurate full-system SoC performance
- Experience with state-of-the-art pre-silicon power estimation
- Experience in custom IP block performance estimates.
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience working effectively as an individual and in a
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated
creative & critical thinking.
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Silicon Performance Architect, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!