Equipment Service Technician
Posted on: January 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Equipment Service Technician maintains the
Manufacturing and Operations instrumentation at the Sunnyvale site;
specifically, the GeneXpert and Infinity instruments. The
responsibilities include autonomous maintenance, repair, and
regular status report outs of Cepheid diagnostic equipment in a
compliant manner.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide frontline support by resolving internal customers'
problems and issues through technical expertise and
- Use critical thinking to resolve issues within defined
procedures and practices to determine appropriate action to rapidly
- Perform PMs and diagnostics to prevent and resolve
instrumentation problems and implement processes to keep
instrumentation in top condition.
- Train lab personnel on proper handling of instruments to
improve long-term instrument health
- Participate in cross-functional communication with the FSE and
IT teams to troubleshoot equipment issues.TRAINING
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
on timeMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience (in years):
- High School degree (or equivalent experience) with 4-6 years of
related work experience ORAA or Technical Trade Degree with 2-4
years of related work experience.Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word,
PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Successful candidate should have experience with
electro-mechanical systems and troubleshooting of those
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy
to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Work with internal customers and vendors at both a business and
- Conduct presentations of technical information concerning
specific projects or schedules.
- Proficient in computer hardware and software repair.
- Configure network devices and interface Cepheid product to
- Multi-task and prioritize events and maintain composure under
high levels of demand.
- Possess excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a
structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause
and implement corrective action.
- Good communication skillsPhysical requirements/abilities:
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. to a height of 5 feetThe
statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria
and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
this job.When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability
of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher
Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no
better time to find out. Associated topics: breakdown, diagnose,
equipment, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance,
millwright, repair, service technician, upgrade
Keywords: Cepheid, Sunnyvale , Equipment Service Technician, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!