Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world's most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we're working
at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world's
biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test
there is a patient waiting.Learn about the Danaher Business System
which makes everything possible at .This position is part of
Cepheid Diagnostics and will be located in Sunnyvale, CA.POSITION
SUMMARY:Experienced Automation Assembly Technician to build, test,
and, troubleshoot custom automation equipment.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Responsible for assembling fabricated and purchased parts using
assembly drawings and BOM's provided by the engineering team.
- High complexity mechanical assembly that requires fitting,
alignment/adjustment to tight tolerances.
- Documentation of mechanical alterations and additions during
build and debug.
- Working closely with mechanical and control engineers to ensure
proper machine functionality.
- Perform various mechanical assembly functions using hand or
- Build machines and sub-assemblies according to design
requirements and specifications.
- Comply with company safety procedures
- Provide timely and detailed status updates
- Quality- Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated,
process driven environment.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as
needed to meet deadlines.TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
on timeMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience (in years):
- High School degree (or equivalent experience) with 2-4 years of
related work experience OR AA or Technical Trade Degree with 1-2
years of work experienceKnowledge and skills:
- Intermediate electrical and mechanical experience
- A minimum of 4 years or direct related experience with custom
- Basic use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Good Electro-Mechanical and organization skills.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings/electrical
- Competence with a wide variety hand a power tools, and
measuring instrumentsPhysical requirements/abilities:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs
- Must be able to stand up for up to 8 hours a day
- Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.PREFERRED
- SolidWorks Knowledge a plusThe statements in this description
represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.When you join us,
you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000
people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As
an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your
skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support
of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a
tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies
require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable
accommodation as required by law.Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available here .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation. If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's
no better time to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, Sunnyvale , Automation Technician, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!