Deals Desk Analyst II
Posted on: April 9, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business. Job Description The Team Proofpoint's is
looking for a motivated Deals Desk Specialist to join our License
Compliance organization. This group is responsible for working with
Sales, Finance/Revenue, Legal and other cross functional teams to
facilitate accurate deal structure to our worldwide sales teams.--
The Role This individual contributor role will be a true value-add
partner and business liaison. You will be a member of a team
responsible for enabling the sales function with general pricing
guidance and quote accuracy and completeness. Working alongside
your colleagues, you will learn and provide various pricing
techniques and strategies to sales partners to ensure competitive
and profitable margins. You will also apply knowledge of the
booking process and the necessary requirements to facilitate a
smooth transactional close. Critical thinking and self-motivation
will be key assets for your success in this role. This is a great
opportunity for an individual looking to grow their skills and
experience being a key part the sales transaction process.
- Be a primary contact to the Commercial Sales Organizations for
all topics regarding quoting and pricing requirements.
- Leverage CPQ and SFDC Lightning to generate and configure
- Responsible for in-depth review and understanding customer's
account information, leveraging several data sources, including
SFDC and shared folders.
- Partner with the sales team to determine general pricing
guidance, overall transaction qualifications, and review prepared
quotes for accuracy on basic product and pricing guidelines.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments that may have a
direct impact on quoting requirements (Sales Operations, Legal,
finance, Professional Services, Order Management, etc.) to ensure
audit and business guidelines are understood and followed and that
all requirements are met.
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual
terms, are obtained and clearly documented.
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to
understand the details around each transaction.
- Apply effective communication strategies with all teams to
ensure open channels of communication through the company,
including phone calls, emails, and team meetings.
- Ensure sales requests are processed in a timely, efficient and
accurate manner with strong focus during period-end deadlines
- Identify issues and propose solutions to management
- Participate in special projects to automate and audit system
- Can effectively discuss a deal for management review
- Provide various strategic pricing options to Sales What you
bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree or 2-4 equivalent years of working
- Experience in a Deal Desk, sales operations, functional sales
support or order management teams is preferred; experience with
software/SaaS business is a plus.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to leverage
data sets for justification
- Working knowledge of SFDC and basic MS Excel formulas are
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships
with internal business units
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
#LI-RS1 If you like wild growth and working with happy,
enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! At
Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and
brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire
the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest
-- We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what
matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation
cybersecurity-and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as
a security partner. Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we
hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color,
national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Proofpoint, Sunnyvale , Deals Desk Analyst II, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!