IS Help Desk Technician
Company: Trimble Inc.
Posted on: January 18, 2020
Job Title: IS Help Desk Technician
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Department: Corporate IT
Reports To: IS Helpdesk Supervisor
Responsible for screening, referring, diagnosing, and resolving
internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to the
maintenance and support of corporate computers and related systems
and software. Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems relating
to PC's, Macs, mobile devices, software applications and
workstation/network communication interfaces.
* Respond to support requests from Trimble employees worldwide.
Ensure correct problem diagnostic is entered and maintained in the
Help Desk database. Annotate and close all assigned tickets in a
comprehensive and timely manner. Conduct follow-ups to ensure
satisfaction of service.
* Resolve user problems individually or in conjunction with other
IS staff and resources in a timely and effective manner. Provide
assistance to other IS staff as required to resolve any user
problems within his/her area of expertise.
* Ensure any faults associated with desktop computer systems are
resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible with the least
disruption for the user. This includes but is not limited to system
hardware faults, operating system problems, supported application
configurations, and network connectivity issues.
* Communicate with peers, other IS staff, IS management, business
group managers, and other employees in support of end-users and the
corporate IS infrastructure.
* Demonstrate and utilize exceptional troubleshooting skills
relating to all hardware used in support of Trimble's computer user
community, with a specific focus on DELL, Apple, and various mobile
phones and tablets.
* Provide troubleshooting support for specific software
applications installed on corporate computing systems. Escalate any
unresolved problems to IS management and the appropriate IS support
* Rotating on-call duties.
* Occasional after-hours support of executive council meetings.
* Ability to travel occasionally.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Proven track record of excellent customer service delivery.
* Personable and able to deal with a wide range of customers with
different skill levels in a positive and friendly manner.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* In-depth knowledge of PC hardware including Windows 7 & 10, Apple
macOS systems, remote access tools, mobile devices, and all
mainstream software applications including MS Suite.
* Must be able to successfully participate in a global team
* Must be able to solve problems by exploring alternatives and
selecting the appropriate solution.
* Must have the ability to work successfully with little to no
* 5-7 years of experience supporting hardware, software, mobile
devices, remote workers and networked devices.
* Must have excellent technical skills relating to service delivery
environments including hardware, software, and networking.
* Must be able to work on assignments that are very complex in
nature where significant judgment is required in resolving problems
and making routine recommendations. Develops new methods and
practices to resolve new problems.
* Must have experience supporting executive staff.
* CompTIA certifications very desirable.
* ITIL certification a plus.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering
products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds.
Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data
analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality,
safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to
enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and
services are transforming a broad range of industries such as
agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and
logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Trimble Inc., Sunnyvale , IS Help Desk Technician, Professions , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!