SOUS CHEF - Sunnyvale, CA
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: June 14, 2019
- We have an opening for a SOUS CHEF--position.
- Location: 580 N. Mary Ave.--Sunnyvale, CA 94085.----Note:
online applications accepted only.
- Schedule:----Flexible Schedule, Monday - Friday, occasional
night and weekend events.
- Requirement:-- The sous chef will support the food service
operation of a corporate dining cafe.-- They will supervise a team
of 20+ employees.-- Culinary supervisory experience is required.--
Experience in a corporate dining, hotel, hospitality environment is
highly preferred.----If you have a positive attitude and a love for
learning, you may be interested in joining our team.--Are you
looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which
you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world?
We---re hiring! Bon App--tit Management Company operates more than
1,000 caf--s around the country for corporations, universities, and
museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We---ve led the
industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from
sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from
scratch using fresh, local ingredients.--Full-time associates at
Bon App--tit are eligible for many benefits, including:--
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training--Learn more about careers with Bon
App--tit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job SummarySummary: As a
Sous Chef II, you are responsible for assisting with the overall
success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The
position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering,
inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the
client---s culture and guidelines, the Health Department---s
regulations, and the company---s standards and expectations of food
quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef II also
motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house
associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives
of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and
management.--Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation
and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the
marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Qualifications: --
- 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the
supervisory or lead level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality,
production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including
- Associate---s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.About
Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
?Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer.? At Compass, we
are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.Qualified candidates must be able
to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily
with or without a reasonable accommodation.?Disclaimer: this job
post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential
responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with
this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or
change the essential functions of the job based on business
necessity.?*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID:?284901?Bon Appetit?SALARIED EXEMPT?
Keywords: Compass Group, Sunnyvale , SOUS CHEF - Sunnyvale, CA, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!