Guidance, Navigation, and Control Staff Engineer
Company: Lockheed Martin
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Description:Designs, develops, implements, verifies and tests
algorithms to perform guidance, navigation and control of launch
vehicles and upper stages during powered and coast phases of
flight, as well as during staging events. Navigation functions
include the statistical processing of measured data points and
their substitution into algorithms simulating physical reality.
Guidance functions include the formulation of specific equations
and control laws to achieve a desired position in space. Control
design and analyses processes consist of the development of the
control requirements for launch vehicles.
- Requires a BS degree in an Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or
other controls related technical discipline.
- Must have broad technical skills including rigid body dynamics,
control theory, and computer programming
- Demonstrated experience using Matlab and Simulink for missile
simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop
guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, design,
integration, qualification, verification, and validation of
Navigation, Guidance & Control (NG&C) algorithms for missile
- Experience supporting the development of flight vehicle
NG&C architectures, and planning and conducting NG&C
performance and simulation analysis.
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance
- Experience with simulation and physics-based modeling
- Experience with missile systems
- Experience with missile flight controls and guidance
- Experience with model based software development using Simulink
- Experience with FORTRAN and C++
- Experience with designing algorithms for real time
- Experience with real time image processing, track filtering,
digital or statistical signal processing (.e.g. FFTs), decision
theory, and/or probability theory
- Demonstrated experience in leading junior engineers in planning
and completing major design/test cycles
- Demonstrated experience developing GN&C algorithms that
were part of a released product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability as a teammate to build consensus among
peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to
articulate complex technical issues to peers, management,
subcontractors and customers.
- Active DoD secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. Theyre
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martins vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Sunnyvale , Guidance, Navigation, and Control Staff Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!