Company: The Terraces at Los Altos - a HumanGood community
Posted on: November 15, 2023
$8,000 Sign-On Bonus, the pay range is $51-$70/hr depending on
experience Terraces at Los Altos has been named one of the Best
Nursing Homes of by U.S. News and World Report! We are seeking a
Resident Assessment Coordinator (RNAC) or MDS Coordinator. Under
limited supervision, develops, completes, and transmits resident
assessments (MDS) in accordance with current Federal and State
standards. Applies comprehensive knowledge of MDS processes,
performs utilization reviews, and has knowledge of Quality
Improvement and Care Planning. Ensures Medicare A recipients have
the appropriate length of stay and receive the appropriate care.
Verifies billing aspects of Medicare are thoroughly documented and
reimbursed as appropriate. Work Duties
- Prepares MDS schedule in coordination with Resident Records and
coordinates completion of the MDS with the Interdisciplinary Team
- Audits completed MDS and reviews validation reports to track
- Consults with Therapy and establishes the most appropriate MDS
ARD, consistent with PPS and OBRA regulations.
- Validates PDPM classifications and ICD-10 coding through timely
and accurate triple check meetings.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of CMS and state regulations,
including bulletin updates.
- Participates in regularly scheduled IDT care plan meetings with
residents and family members; follows up on any issues identified
during the meeting for resident satisfaction.
- Performs quarterly reviews on each resident and updates care
plans as appropriate.
- Provides in-service education for team members in accordance
with OBRA and Title 22 guidelines.
- Participates in outside educational programs in order to keep
current with evidence-based practices in the field (specifically
relating to issues within LTC).
- Assists with Charge Nurse duties when needed.
- Actively engages and participates in the community's QAPI
- Responds to emergency situations, carries out physician orders,
and documents the event, interventions, and outcomes.
- Able to work productively and effectively under stressful
working conditions such as tight time frames, heavy workloads, or
- Will build genuine relationships with residents through
discussion and review of their history.
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents,
family members, guests, and team members; is clear in communication
and handles conflicts appropriately.
- Assists Licensed Nurses and other IDT members as needed.
- Completion of Accredited Licensed Nursing Program (RN)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (Preference)
- Minimum one-year experience as an RN.
- Proficient computer skills necessary to complete documentation,
review electronic health records and communicate with team
- Current RN license
- Current CPR certification
- MDS Certification or willingness to complete within 3 months
What's in it for you? As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of
senior living communities in California and one of the largest in
the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to
ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to
become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with
YOU. HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits.
Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off,
plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans
that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We
provide healthcare benefits for our part-time and per diem team
members! We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your
career advancement. Come see what HumanGood has to offer! The
health and safety of our team members and residents is our top
priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it
is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this
disease. Where legally permissible, you may begin working after (a)
showing proof of the first dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination
regimen or one dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination; (b) showing
proof of a COVID vaccination appointment within 7 days of your
start date; or, (c) upon submission of a request for exemption from
COVID vaccination. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and
qualifying medical reasons will be considered.
Keywords: The Terraces at Los Altos - a HumanGood community, Sunnyvale , MDS Coordinator, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!