Posted on: May 27, 2023
Whataburger of Mesquite, Inc. - Team Leader
The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring each customer's
experience meets or exceeds expectations. Supervises the
performance of entrusted Team Members and leads them to perform all
tasks according to stands. Undertakes the duties and tasks assigned
to the Team Members as and when required to ensure that a high
level of customer service is maintained. The Team Leader serves to
assist Whataburger in satisfying its primary goal, customer
To continue the path for career success at Whataburger, the Team
Leader will participate in a skills development program and will be
required to achieve certification in specific stations associated
with the position.
--- Competitive WEEKLY Pay
--- Referral Bonus Program
--- Schedule Flexibility
--- Development and Career Growth Opportunities
--- Tuition Reimbursement Program
--- Discounted Meals
--- Service Awards
--- Scholarship Program
--- Whataburger Family Foundation (Hardship Grant Assistance)
--- Chaplain Service
--- Paid Vacations
Leadership and Communication
- Protects and promotes the Whataburger Brand at all times.
- Notifies a member of the management team with sufficient lead
time when unable to report to work as scheduled.
- Attends all meetings and training sessions as required by
- Communicates problems outside a Team Leader's span of control
to the Manager on duty as soon as possible.
- Strives to continually enhance personal leadership style and
improve personal performance. People
- Demonstrate Whataburger's Family Value Proposition, "Pride,
Care, and Love."
- Continues to learn and improve job skills as directed through
- Enforces company standards consistently demonstrating fairness
in all situations through the Team Member Guidelines.
- Maintains professional relationships with other Whataburger
- Uses on-the-spot training to improve performance by providing
positive feedback and encouraging Family Members to ask
- Informs the Manger of critical training opportunities with
individual Team Members.
- Evaluates the performance of Team Members, and identifies
training opportunities prior to issuing assignments for upcoming
- Assists, supervises, and conducts Team Members training as
always directed and reinforces company policy.
- Corrects the cause for employee performance opportunities by
examining/identifying the facts before prescribing a course of
- Provides positive critical performance feedback in a sportive
- Stands out as a role model for others through daily
interactions and leadership example, acts as a resource for other
Team Members. System
- Assists the restaurant management by performing critical
administrative tasks such as cash reporting, inventory audits,
preparing deposits, closeouts, payroll adjustments, etc.
- Performs any operational task upon request. Sets the example by
performing as a role model whenever working, whether on duty as a
Team Leader or filling a shift position.
- Ensures all products are prepared according to quality
standards, as ordered and delivered to the customer within
Whataburger service time standards with a "no excuses"
- Ensures the Drive-Thru production flow keeps pace with traffic
by remaining alert and following up at regular intervals.
- Ensures the physical appearance of self, employees, property,
dining area, restrooms, outer and food production areas
continuously meet standards.
- Promotes excellence in customer relations to the rest of the
- Communicates directions clearly and follows up to ensure
specific actions are carried out as intended.
- Ensures all actions are carried out according to policy and
procedure, treating exceptions as training opportunities.
- Ensures all Team Members report for work, clock in and out as
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures are maintained to
provide a safe environment for customers.
- Ensures all Team Members perform safely, applying the necessary
precautions and safety equipment in all situations, such as leaks,
wet floors, equipment cleaning and maintenance etc.
- Completes shift reports to communicate key events to the
Manager and other team leaders.
- Accurately records the food inventory prior to and at the close
of each shift, as directed.
- Ensures all equipment operates safely, at the proper
temperatures and within the Company's guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of and follows all emergency procedures.
Handles emergencies in a controlled, exact manner to avoid
confusion and further crisis.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned. Customer
- Ensures all customers are satisfied and receive their
product(s), as ordered within Whataburger service time
- Maintains the appearance of the restaurant to ensure customers
have a positive image of Whataburger and its Team Members.
- Changes out POP when necessary.
- Answers the phone in a courteous, articulate manner, according
to Whataburger procedure.
- Handles any customer complaints and ensures satisfaction in
accordance with company policy. Finance
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with all Company
- Follows company cash handling policies.
- Monitors all cash handling and sales terminal operations to
- Monitors cash handling and inventory controls through regular
follow up and observation.
- Prepares cash deposits and manages the change fund
- Audits registers and records discrepancies.
- Controls labor and food expense in relation to sales and takes
appropriate action to ensure the highest possible productivity is
achieved during assigned shifts.
- Controls food costs by ensuring proper portioning.
- Assists with preparing, reviewing and making bank deposits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry
- Ability to read (Orders on tickets, Menu Board, receipts,
- Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and
sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and
- Frequent washing of hands.
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Effectively serves as a team player in supporting the goals of
- Responsible for the completion of well-defined tasks or
projects set by management.
- Promotes teamwork among all team members.
- Accepts professional, timely criticism in a mature, positive
fashion as intended, for personal development.
- Demonstrates and promotes a "can do" attitude when addressing
customer requests, concerns, and complaints to assure customer
satisfaction is achieved at all times.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to employees, emphasizing
the appropriate chain of communication in problem situations.
- Displays a commitment to the restaurant's success and performs
an appropriate share of the work.
Keywords: Whataburger, Sunnyvale , Team Lead, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...