INSPECTOR B (2nd Shift)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 2nd Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Description: Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push
the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and
cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start
contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing
real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take
pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to
grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With
our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right
opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Inspector B
to join our team in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a 2nd shift position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Inspection of materials from internal or external sources and
services; involving physical inspection, documenting dimensional
compliance and review of vendor certifications for compliance. This
includes inspection of internally manufactured parts and final
assemblies throughout all stages of production and review of final
- Responsible for inspection of product in accordance with
drawings, work instructions, quality acceptance procedures, and
maintenance of acceptance documentation/records.
- Assist in generating and reviewing First Article Inspection
Reports in accordance with AS9102.
- Assist with Customer Source Inspections.
- Responsibilities will include verifying calibration of tooling,
gaging, and other equipment is valid and current.
- Inspection will encompass a variety of techniques; e.g., visual
inspection, conventional metrology (height gages, gage pins, thread
gages, and dial indicators), calipers, micrometers, functional
- Support project teams on nonconformance containment, corrective
actions, root cause investigations, audits and other continuous
- Flexibility to work across multiple shop floors and
- May require flexibility to work overtime. Competencies for
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with the
organization at all levels. Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED and a minimum of four (4) years of
- Experienced with use of technical drawings and following
manufacturing work instructions and inspection procedures.
- Basic computer knowledge; e.g., Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to stand for extended hours during inspection and lift
- Familiarity with metal manufacturing workmanship acceptance
- Must have good understanding of quality systems in a
- Must be capable of coordinating nonconformance incidents and
- Must have effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance, which
requires US Citizenship. Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiar with SAP system.
- Familiar with MES system.
- Previous inspection experience in marine products.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Good working knowledge and experience with Geometric
Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experienced with practices associated with ISO9001 Quality
- Associates Degree in a Physical Science or Manufacturing
related area. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus
in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , INSPECTOR B (2nd Shift), Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!