Lead Systems Engineer - Compute and Perception
Company: Magic Leap
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Seeking a Lead Systems Engineer with expertise in computer
engineering and computer vision technologies. As a Systems Engineer
in the Systems Engineering Management team, you will be responsible
for holistically capturing stakeholder needs; distilling, managing
and validating requirements; developing architectures and
optimizing systems; all supported by rigorous analyses. You will
also be involved in system realization and integration,
verification, and validation and other activities to ensure
delivery of solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs.
The Systems Engineering Management team strives to be a place where
team members are valued and empowered for ownership and growth. Our
team is uniquely positioned to interact with all departments and
leadership at Magic Leap, and to meaningfully impact Magic Leap's
product outcomes and the industry at large. Come take the leap with
- Involved in capturing stakeholder needs and requirements across
the product life cycle, translating them into system needs and
requirements, and validating performance targets, in cooperation
with other teams.
- Responsible for drafting and selecting innovative compute and
perception architectures to satisfy often novel and challenging
requirement sets, in collaboration with other teams.
- Responsible for defining modules, functions and interfaces, and
performing requirements analysis, functional allocation,
tradeoff/impact/sensitivity/risk analyses, modeling and
simulations, and other evaluations to support requirement and
architecture decisions, often entailing building custom
- Responsible for requirements and configuration management in
collaboration with program management, to ensure alignment in the
development of Magic Leap's products.
- Involved in defining and supporting the execution of
verification and validation plans for system requirements, in
collaboration with test and quality teams.
- Responsible for supporting system realization and system
integration of the compute architecture, coordinating cross-team
issues and risk resolution, and end-to-end optimization as a
- Involved in research and development of compute and perception
systems, including investigation of broad and emerging technology
spaces to meet design objectives.
- Involved in prototyping hardware and software components for
technology exploration, demonstrations, and simulations.
- 7+ years of industry or research experience with computer
systems and computer vision technology, preferably in AR/VR/MR
applications, and involvement in the design and development of
- Strong understanding of computer vision, with expertise in a
selection of the following: SLAM, VIO, SFM, object
detection/recognition, 3-D reconstruction, hand tracking, eye
tracking, localization, or related.
- Strong foundation in computer architecture and engineering,
with expertise in a selection of the following: processor design,
cache layout, memory organization, load balancing, embedded systems
design, integrated circuits design and testing, embedded systems,
- Strong understanding of user, software, algorithmic and
hardware constraints and their impacts on computer systems and
- Proficient in one or more programming or hardware description
languages, including C, C++, Python, VHDL, Verilog, or
- A holistic thinker and problem solver, with experience in
Systems Engineering functional areas including requirements
engineering, architecture definition, integration, verification and
- Experience in data analysis, statistics and visualization, and
effectively summarizing and communicating results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of
collaborating across diverse teams; excellent written and verbal
- Self-motivated, self-organized, proactive and comfortable
working in very dynamic environments.
Education and Experience:
M.S (or higher) degree in Computer/Electrical/Mechatronics
Engineering or related, plus 7 or more years of progressive
industry experience; or an equivalent combination of education and
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal
Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Keywords: Magic Leap, Sunnyvale , Lead Systems Engineer - Compute and Perception, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!