Research Scientist, Motion Sensors
Company: Meta Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Reality Labs (RL) Sensors Team at Meta is helping build novel
products in Augmented and Virtual Reality. Our team explores,
develops, and delivers new cutting-edge sensing technologies that
serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products at
Meta. We are looking for candidates with experience in MEMS sensor
design to assist with the development of novel hardware and
software systems within the RL Sensors Team, while collaborating
with experts across multiple domains.
Research Scientist, Motion Sensors Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across Meta to
develop novel hardware and software products that advance the
state-of-the-art in AR/VR systems.
- Collaborate with internal and external research, design, and
engineering teams to develop sensor technologies that advance the
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run practical
experiments related to sensor systems.
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Materials Science, or related engineering disciplines.
- 3+ years' industry experience, directly contributing to
development of Micro-electro-mechanical System (MEMS) sensors such
as ultrasonic transducers, microphones, pressure sensors,
gyroscopes, or accelerometers.
- Hands-on experience in bring-up, debug, and testing of MEMS
sensors using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum
analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling MEMS sensors using software
platforms such as MATLAB, COMSOL, and ANSYS.
- Familiarity with MEMS front-end electronics and/or control
- Demonstrated experience in cross-group and cross-culture
- Deep understanding of piezoelectric and/or electrostatic
- Deep understanding of acoustics and vibratory systems.
- Demonstrated experience in using Computer Aided Design (CAD)
tools such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, or similar software.
- Familiarity with the emerging Augmented Reality and Virtual
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as
demonstrated by first-authored publications or implementation.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving skills.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Meta Inc, Sunnyvale , Research Scientist, Motion Sensors, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!