Depth/Image Sensor Engineer
Company: Oculus Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual reality
(VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work alongside
technology visionaries and research scientists to create the
technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The TED
Sensors team gathers world class expertise and talent in
photographic, machine perception imaging sensors, depth, inertial,
and bio sensing systems, and owns the development and validation
for all these sensing systems across the whole AR, VR & Portal
product portfolios. We are looking for multiple positions on Depth
Sensor Engineer and image sensor engineer who will partner with a
team of engineers covering the complete CMOS 3D depth sensor,
photographic and machine perception imaging lifecycle. This
individual will drive sensor requirements definition, selection and
integration of leading-edge depth sensors into our product depth
modules. Their work scope will span Off the Shelf (OTS) image
sensors, semi-custom sensors, fully custom sensors, and advanced
Depth/Image Sensor Engineer Responsibilities:
- Translate system requirements to sensor specifications,
identify optimal solutions (OTS or customized sensor) for next
generation AR/VR products.
- Lead and collaborate with application processor engineer,
computer vision scientists, depth/image system team
(module/optical/illumination/architects/EE and FW) to develop next
generation sensor technologies and to integrate it flawlessly into
the final product.
- Work with sensor vendors to align and influence their product
and R&D roadmap.
- BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical
- 2+ years of industry experience in depth/image sensor/camera
- Basic understanding of depth/image sensor operation and
- Experience to bring up new sensors, test vehicles and develop
metrics for evaluation.
- Experience of translating system requirements to sensor
specifications and down select sensors for products (electrical,
optical, sensor etc.).
- Experience working with cross functional teams with proven
- Basic knowledge of depth/image sensor design: pixels, analogue
readout, TDC and serial interfaces.
- MS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical
- Knowledge ISP, major SOC platforms, computer vision, or machine
- Experience in char/valid/debugging depth performance for
photographic, machine perception image sensor, or iToF SPAD based
- Proficiency with data collection and analysis tools, including
C/C++, Python, MATLAB, or other scripting languages.
- Deep understanding of sensor operation and IQ performance
tradeoff for each sensor performance parameters.
- Knowledge of depth modules, Diffractive Optical Elements,
VCSEL, VCSEL driver, and computer vision.
- Understanding the fundamentals of sensor ASIC design and
manufacturing flow, depth sensor operation, SPAD related
technologies including PLL/DLL/TDC, and depth signal
- Experience in working with sensor vendors to drive the sensor
- Experience to create radiometric and photometric models from
sensor characterization data, create synthetic images using the
characterization data and correlate with product/features
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus Inc, Sunnyvale , Depth/Image Sensor Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!