NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we
strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making
a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals
and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's
hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from
diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of
thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our
team members to do their best work as their most authentic
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture.
Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity
to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real
world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest
in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can
continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global
community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,
let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.Job
DescriptionPrimary Function of Position:Contribute your technical
manufacturing and equipment design skills to a dynamic development
team creating precision instruments for minimally invasive robotic
surgery. The role requires active participation in new product
development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical
components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test
methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy,
reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical
instruments. -Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and improve pilot "mid-volume" manufacturing
assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow
processes, manufacturing plan and detailed work instructions.
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve
fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Analyze instrument manufacturing line from a risk perspective
(PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used in
- Responsible for the validation and qualification of
manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard
qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Provide production support through successful and sustained
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with
respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product
reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input
to enhance manufacturability of new products.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical
device quality system including corrective action closure,
discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure
analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field
- Minimum BS / MS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience as design or manufacturing
engineer supporting product with significant mechanical /
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with
technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory,
inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product
- Prior experience complex device manufacturing is a plus
- New product introduction/development desirable
- CAD experience (preferred Solidworks).
- Programming skills is a plus
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device
manufacturing environment a plus
- Able to travel periodically to suppliers or Intuitive Mexicali
plant.Additional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.Due to the nature of our
business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your
customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination
against certain diseases including COVID-19. - Details can vary by
role.Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We
provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected
veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other
status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.We
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws. Shift : Day
Travel : 10% of the timeTravel Requirements:10% of the time
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , NPI Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!