Sr Data Engineer
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we
strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making
a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals
and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's
hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from
diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of
thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our
team members to do their best work as their most authentic
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture.
Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity
to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real
world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest
in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can
continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global
community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,
let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.Job
DescriptionPrimary Function of Position:Contribute broadly to the
Data Foundation team, responsible for designing, building and
managing various data platforms to support business processes,
advanced analytics, and new technology development focused on
surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic
surgery platforms. This position's primary focus will be to design,
develop and maintain data platform ensuring data integrity and
security. -The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy,
focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new
data research and development directions. A strong sense of shared
responsibility and shared reward is required. -Roles and
- As part of the Data Foundation team, immediate responsibilities
- Create, modify, and optimize SQL Server Agent jobs and
- Proactively monitor SQL Server maintenance tasks, troubleshoot
failed jobs, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Perform Database installations, configurations, upgrades, and
- Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various
ETL Pipelines SSIS / CDATA.
- Creating users, roles, indexes and assigning permissions &
Privileges and maintain server level DDL Triggers.
- Building and maintaining Data pipeline jobs for near Realtime
dashboards & analytics.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find
performance and deadlocks.
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better
- Support multiple engineering, data and analytics teams in
collecting, accessing, and analyzing data.
- Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet
continued application growth
- Continuously explore efficient solutions for database designs
and storage solutions
- Participate in data management
- Snowflake experience will be a Plus - -QualificationsSkill/Job
- Experience working with data and databases
- Experience in Database administration
- Web development on PHP, HTML and Load Balancer
- Linux Administration and Linux Scripting
- AWS proficiency (creating RDS and configuration)
- AWS Infrastructure Automation using Terraforms .
- Splunk Administration and automation
- Familiar with GitLab and Git
- Cloud networking and orchestration with AWS (EKS, ECS, VPC, S3,
- Improve and automate processes and procedures. Constructing
- Monitoring and handling incident response of the infrastructure
and data platforms.
- Troubleshooting infrastructure, network, and application
issues. Help identify and troubleshoot problems within the
- Hands-on experience in administering cloud technologies on AWS,
especially with IAM, VPC, Lambda, EKS, EC2, S3, ECS, CloudFront,
ALB, API Gateway, RDS, CodeBuild, SSM, Secret Manager, Lambda, API
- Experience in building data pipelines using different
automation tools like DBT/Airflow/Airbyte and migrate data across
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using
- Scripting ability - PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.
- Comfortable working with Windows/Linux/Unix based operating
- Familiarity with software development tools (Bitbucket,
Jenkins, GitLab, Terraform)
- New Technology installation and automation
- Possesses a problem-solving attitude. Creative, self-motivated,
a quick study, and willing to develop new skillsAdditional Skills:
- Experience with the microservices, containers (Docker),
container orchestration (Kubernetes), serverless computing (AWS
Lambda) and distributed/scalable systems.
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery
- AWS/GCP/Azure Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud/ Web Application security
- Experience with logging/monitoring (CloudWatch, ELK ,
- Passion for writing good documentation and creating
- Experience in Agile Methodology.Additional InformationDue to
the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive
and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of
vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. - Details
can vary by role.Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information or any other status protected under federal, state, or
local applicable laws.We will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with
fair chance laws. Shift : Day Travel : NoneTravel Requirements:None
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Sr Data Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!