Antenna Research Scientist
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Wireless Team brings together
world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at
the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a
clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly
impossible products that define new categories that advance
Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The team will apply
breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science
and product development. We will operate on aggressive, fixed
timelines, with extensive use of our contractor manufacturer
partners and suppliers. As an Antenna Research Scientist in the FRL
wireless organization at Facebook, you will focus on antenna
innovations and new architectures to push forward the state of
wireless technologies for augmented reality. You should be
passionate about experimenting with new antenna designs as well as
being rock solid competent when it comes to implementing them for
production. You will directly own the antenna concept, feasibility
study and implementation of AR/VR antenna systems in the next
Antenna Research Scientist Responsibilities:
* Lead antenna research and pave the way for the next generation
AR/VR wireless products.
* Develop innovative antenna solutions and deliver them to market
* Develop WiFi/BT/GPS/Cellular and mmWave antenna concepts for
* Collaborate with ID, mechanical, electrical engineering, and
material teams on the antenna feasibility study for our next
generation AR/VR hardware products.
* Hands-on involvement in the development of antenna systems in
AR/VR hardware projects (design, simulation, data analysis,
validation, and manufacturing).
* Work with vendors to explore innovative antenna fabrication
process and new antenna materials to meet high performance
* Drive the AR/VR antenna roadmap, develop a forward-looking
technology shelf and dive into new areas with unfamiliar antenna
technologies and materials.
* Build EM simulation infrastructure and tools to maximize the
productivity and efficiencies.
* PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or
* 5+ years of experience in multi-band antenna design with a proven
record of designing and shipping high volume consumer products.
* Experience in antenna simulation, prototyping, tuning and
measurement with VNA and anechoic chamber systems.
* Understanding of EM and antenna theory, proficient in EM
simulation software such as CST, HFSS, XFDTD etc.
* Experience with antenna characterizations such as input
impedance, impedance matching, antenna isolation, gain,
polarization, radiation pattern, ECC.
* Experience with RF/Ant Lab equipment for RF and antenna
characterization as well as wireless system performance validation,
such as SAR, TRP/TIS, Load Pull, RvR etc.
* Proficient in antenna manufacturing process and materials.
* Experience with 5G FR1, LTE, UMTS, GNSS, WiFi/BT, NFC wireless
* Communication experience, with experience influencing ID, product
design, and other hardware/software cross-functional partners.
* 5+ years of experience in multi-band cellular antenna design for
small form factors.
* Experience with antenna tuner, SAR mitigation, EMI/EMC, RF
* Familiar with carrier certification process, regulatory
requirements (FCC, CE, etc.).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Sunnyvale , Antenna Research Scientist, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!