Materials Supervisor - Motion Preservation
Company: Orthofix Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Why Orthofix? - - -Come join our global team of dedicated
professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate
every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of
patients. -At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and
the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be
Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! -As an Orthofix employee, you
will become an integral part of our culture by continually
demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while
making an impact to our vision "To be a highly respected global
orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our
patients, customers, team members, partners and
shareholders."Materials Supervisor - Motion PreservationHow you'll
make a difference?Oversees activities related to the purchase of
material, material control, inventory control, and
shipping/receiving functions. Develops, implements, and maintains
policies, procedures, and material control systems. Ensures
materials are ordered and in stock to meet company requirements,
while maintaining acceptable inventory levels. Develops material
schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with
purchasing, production, and engineering. Reviews and plans
requirements for purchasing materials. Prepare requirement plans
using ERP systems. May assist with establishment and maintenance of
the production control system. Selects, develops, and evaluates
personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.What
will your Duties and Job Responsibilities be?Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Oversees and manages all logistics activities and personnel in
the warehouse relating to inventory control, material handling and
shipping/receiving of products including custom communication.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning
and engineering departments to procure product in a cost
- and timely manner.
- Works with the inventory management team to ensure that all
deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any
backordered or missing products.
- Develops an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all
open purchase orders.
- Coordinates procurement forecast, delivery schedules, and
delivery of all sub-contracted instruments.
- May collaborate with Accounting to determine cost during rollup
activities, month end variance determination and invoice
- Processes purchase requisitions, purchase orders and request
for quotes to suppliers.
- Monitors inventory levels and ensures component availability to
- Maintains contracts, price list and monitor contract renewal
dates with suppliers.
- Plans schedules, issues, and closes all Work Orders for
Manufacturing (i.e.: CER, Shop, sub-assemblies).
- Develops and maintains production and machine shop build plans
and makes adjustments according to priorities.
- Monitors inventory Kanban levels of sub-assemblies and ensures
component availability to support production.What Skills and
Experience will you need?
- BS or BA or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Senior
Buyer/Planner/Logistics or Materials Supervisor position
- a high-volume manufacturing environment; medical device
industry experience is strongly preferred.
- ERP knowledge is required. APICS certification and Oracle ERP
system is preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry
standard purchase order software platforms.
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management
- Strong ability to influence and work with personnel at all
- Must possess excellent organization/time management skills and
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and improve processes based on Lean
methodologies or Toyota Production System (certification a
plus)What Supervisory Responsibilities will you have?
- Provide guidance and leadership to a team of logistics
personnel.What will the Physical Demands and Work Conditions be
like? The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The ability to use a computer keyboard and standard office
- The ability to clearly communicate on the phone with internal
customers and external suppliers.
- The ability to read, write and follow complex
- May sit for extended periods of time but must possess the
mobility to move within and outside the building, and into clean
room manufacturing environment.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds unaided.
- May be required to climb a stepladder.Orthofix complies with
all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In
addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has employees.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Orthofix Holdings, Inc., Sunnyvale , Materials Supervisor - Motion Preservation, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!