Camera System Engineer (PhD)
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Meta was built to help people connect and share, and over the
last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how
people around the world communicate with one another. With over a
billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around
the globe, a career at Meta offers countless ways to make an impact
in a fast-growing organization.Meta's Reality Labs (RL) brings
together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking
products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We
have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular,
seemingly impossible products that define new categories that
advance Meta's mission of connecting the world. The RL Technology
Engineering Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in
core technology and delivering them to market at scale. The
Technology Engineering Camera Team seeks a Camera System Engineer
who will lead high-performance camera hardware development from
concept to production volume ramp in consumer electronics. This is
a full-time position.
Camera System Engineer (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Define engineering requirement specification for design, test
and manufacturing of camera module, optics and other camera
- Lead manufacturing partners on camera hardware design
evaluation, prototyping, qualification and production bring
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams (Product
design, Industrial design, Electrical Engineering, Optical Design)
for camera hardware development and system integration.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams on camera sub-system
validation and testing (including image quality, electrical and
mechanical testing) in both internal Lab and at manufacturing
- Failure analysis and debugging of camera hardware at both
module and product level.
- Create proof of concept camera hardware around the latest
camera hardware technologies.
- Ability to design good methodology to identity, reproduce and
fix some complex design problems.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally up to
10% of the time.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree
in Optics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Imaging
Science, Physics, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical
experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- Experience in camera hardware development and prototyping,
metrology, testing and lab work to validate imaging component,
assembly and system level performance.
- Experience in optical simulation, and/or mechanical tolerance
- Experience in camera module design principles and best
practices with understanding of image quality fundamentals and
their system drivers.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the
time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during
- Detailed understanding of overall systems interactions in the
- Experience with camera module manufacturing process
- Experience with standard imaging interfaces and protocols in
the typical consumer platform.
- Experience with compact Lens Optics design & testing.
- Experience with camera module mechanical design and tolerance
- Experience with camera module electronic circuit design and
signal integrity & power integrity analysis.
- Experience with image sensor characterization and design.
- Experience with image quality evaluation methodology (test
algorithm, chart, lab setup).
- Data analysis skills with JMP, MATLAB or other analysis
- Experience with Android camera HAL.
- Experience working and communicating cross functionally in a
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Camera System Engineer (PhD), Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!