Research Scientist, Data Acquisition (PhD)
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Reality Labs (RL) brings together world-class experts to develop
and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware,
software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at
scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new
categories that advance Meta's mission of connecting the world. The
RL Technology Engineering Team has the responsibility for taking
breakthroughs in core technology and delivering them to market at
scale. The Photographic Imaging team seeks a Data Acquisition
Research Scientist who has experience in generation of training and
test data sets for Photographic Imaging supporting ML/AI algorithm
development.Investigate & leverage state-of-the-art imaging
software simulation & hardware tools to enable novel camera HW
explorations, machine learning dataset generation, and product
architecture tasks for consumer products.
Research Scientist, Data Acquisition (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Conduct a key role in Photographic Imaging ML/AI Data
Infrastructure Team to provide Data ACQ/Generation, Data Science,
Annotation, & Analysis for Photographic Imaging supporting ML/AI
- Develop data services plan with stakeholders to support new
ML/AI research technology initiatives that will intersect with
- Develop with the support of system engineering and architecture
teams capture rig setup, calibration, & pipeline integration to
ML/AI algorithm development.
- Work with external vendors and internal teams to design,
procure for, and manage automation for data acquisition or
generation in image quality labs contributing to camera
architecture, bringup, tuning, and qualification.
- Collaborate with development teams to set and monitor KPI's for
training and testing providing data science, annotation, and
- Research, develop and prototype advanced technologies in the
domain of computational imaging solutions by leveraging innovative
camera design, camera control algorithms and advanced CV/ML
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in
Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Imaging/Color Science,
Photography, Mechanical, Optical, relevant technical field, or
equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to
- Experience with machine learning and other statistical pattern
- Experience with multi-camera capture system prototyping and
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the
time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during
- Experience in image quality subjective & objective analysis,
computer vision, image processing, machine learning and other
statistical pattern recognition systems.
- Experience in data analyst/engineer/scientist role familiar
with Python and at least one data analysis tools such as JMP.
- Experience with camera optics, sensor, and image formation
process, physically based scene rendering and simulation methods to
simulate RAW image.
- Experience working with mechanical, electrical, camera, and
AI/ML engineering teams to define, iterate, and refine on practical
custom capture systems used to gather AI/ML data in field.
- Experience developing usable, efficient, and reliable tools and
workflow to control/trigger off-the-shelf cameras in field capture
scenarios (e.g. MATLAB/Python/C++).
- Experience implementing custom multi-camera calibration
workflow needed to photometrically and geometrically register
field-captured image content for AI/ML training purposes (e.g.
OpenCV, Ceres Solver, etc.).
- Experience working and communicating cross-functionally in a
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Research Scientist, Data Acquisition (PhD), Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!