Camera System Engineer
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Facebook Reality Labs bring together world-class experts to
develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of
hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship
products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products
that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of
connecting the world. The Cameras and Sensors Group has the
responsibility for taking breakthroughs in core technology and
delivering them to market at scale. The Cameras and Sensors Group
is looking for a Camera Systems Engineer who has extended
experience of leading high-performance camera hardware development
from concept to production volume ramp in consumer electronics.
- Define engineering requirement specification for design, test,
manufacturing and sourcing of camera module, lens, optical filter
and other camera components.
- Lead manufacturing partners on camera hardware design
evaluation, prototyping, qualification and production bring
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, contract
manufacturer camera integrators and component suppliers on DFM and
camera module assembly NPI line bring-up.
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams (Product
design, Industrial design, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Sensor Technology, Technical Program Management) for
camera hardware development and system integration.
- Debug optical/electrical/mechanical issues during camera module
- 20% time travel to off-shore suppliers is required.
- Lead camera sub-system validation and testing (including image
quality, electrical and mechanical testing) in both internal Lab
and at manufacturing sites.
- Work with image sensor and camera module vendors to define
roadmaps, priorities, and custom solutions for Augmented/Virtual
- Failure analysis and debugging of camera hardware at both
module and product level.
- Create proof of concepts camera hardware around the latest
camera hardware technologies.
- Provide camera system metrology and validation plan and
instructions to internal and/or external design, prototyping and
- BS in Optics, Imaging Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, or related fields/experience
- Knowledge of camera module design principles and best practices
with knowledge of image quality fundamentals and their system
- Experience communicating and working with cross-functional
- 3+ years of experience with consumer electronics manufacturing,
partnering with Asia-based suppliers and contract
- Data analysis experience with JMP, MATLAB, Excel, or other
- 3+ years of experience in camera module design, optical
simulation, metrology, testing and lab work to verify imaging
component, assembly and system level performance
- MS in Optical Engineering, Imaging Science, Physics, Electrical
Engineer, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in Image sensor design, characterization and
- ISP tuning experience
- Experience in depth sensing system design and
- Experience in electrical circuit design and test
- Experience with compact lens optics design & testing
- Experience working with Android camera HAL
- Experience with image quality evaluation methodology
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Camera System Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!