Lead Manufacturing Associate (Consumables) - All Shifts
Posted on: January 9, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world s most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we re working
at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world s
biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test
there is a patient waiting.Learn about the which makes everything
possible.This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be
located in Sunnyvale,CA.In this role, you will have the opportunity
- Learn and notify supervisor of any violations of company safety
policies and practices.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by leading by example
and assisting supervisor in monitoring the use of all control
points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with
established policies and procedures.
- Adhere to, train and help to enforce compliance to GMP, ISO,
Environmental, Health and Safety procedures. Participate in
production tours and audits.
- Work with Supervisor/Manager to review and provide feedback on
schedule adherence to production schedules.
- Monitor and provide updates on priority Lots.
- Complete production plan by accomplishing work; monitoring
progress; reporting results of the processing flow on shift
- Coordinate specific activities and assignments of work center
resources to meet goals and objectives, production schedules and
- Assign daily tasks to support production requirements, new
product development and support activities.
- Help to coordinate set-up and changeover of manufacturing
- Assist in the preparation of production schedule, verification
of component readiness, line clearances, and equipment
- Assist in monitoring any in-process controls and test yields to
ensure manufacturing process are operating within approved
- Assist in reviewing and completing all documentation accurately
and help to ensure work center documentation is compliant with GMP
- Help to ensure work center cleanliness and maintain Visual
- Interact with material planning team to meet the production
- Work with Production, Engineering and Quality teams to
investigate and resolve any quality or non-conformance issues.
Initiate, investigate and oversee approval of Instrument related
- Based on each Employee s Training Plan, ensure Employee
Training is completed.
- Assist supervisor in proactively identifying and resolving
potential issues/discrepancies and notifies supervisor. Resolve
routine issues. Work with supervisor to resolve issues of moderate
- Foster a collaborative work environment within and across
departments including QC and engineering.
- Step in as required on to the Manufacturing Floor for employees
not present in production; first ensuring training record is
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs
- Assist supervisor in resolving personnel problems by analyzing
data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending
- Support Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Provide recommendation to supervisor in selecting employees for
recognition and reward for positive impact to the team and
organization.The essential requirements of the job include:
- Manufacturing or Production related experience.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Preferably experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing
in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, OR
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in FDA or Kema audits.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for several hours.
- Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Ability to work directly with, handle or have contact with
chemicals or re-agents.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Understand Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP).
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate the willingness
and the ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, manufacturing engineers, stockroom managers and leads.
Ability to understand instructions and batch records written and
spoken in English.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to solve basic math problems.
- Able to identify each station of the machinery.
- Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of
comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our
lives. Whether it s a health care program or paid time off, our
programs contribute to life beyond the job.Check out our benefits
at .When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability
of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher
Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no
better time to find out. Associated topics: bioengineering,
bioinformatic, biomaterials, biomedical, bioprocessing,
biosynthetic, fermentation, medical, neuro, pain
Keywords: Cepheid, Sunnyvale , Lead Manufacturing Associate (Consumables) - All Shifts, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!