Technical Program Manager, Wiring Harness Systems
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Technical Program Manager – Wiring
Harness Systems. This position requires an experienced professional
with a proven track record of excellence and managerial
achievement. The candidate is an accomplished program/project
manager and/or systems engineer of wiring harness systems, with
strong organizational capabilities and the ability to influence and
coordinate with talented engineering teams and stakeholders, for
seamless technical program development. The candidate communicates
effectively to ensure each individual team member remains aware of
the most relevant program milestones, and delivery expectations
placed by the vehicle program team. Critical issues are promptly
identified and brought up to senior management alongside a concise
action plan. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for efficient
progression within a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Accompanies vehicle programs from the conceptual design phase
to the start of production, including series maintenance, model
changes, facelifts, etc.
- Manages the technical development program of sequence-specific
electrical wiring harness products and processes; including support
and coordination for testing, integration, verification, and
validation processes, as well as sample- and prototype
- Designs and implements effective program management processes
and best practices from initiation to completion in partnership
with the engineering areas, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Researches, evaluates and benchmarks industry standards and
methodologies, looking forward to a continuous improvement on the
deliveries to the program.
- Executes solid root-cause analysis with the ability to identify
and predict possible deviations related to product architecture- or
any other technical change.
- Proactively evaluates the design and engineering decisions,
making sure they don’t cause any gap in correlation with the
- Expedites revisions, corrections, and implementation of
necessary changes to previously published documentation.
- Manages end-to-end project plans and takes ownership of
technical implementations, ensuring a successful launch.
- Fosters strong cross-dimensional partnerships and is able to
effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project
- Eagers to learn about new technologies in order to drive
constant optimization efforts in collaboration with the engineering
- Leads communication and escalation of priority topics to all
corresponding TIER1 suppliers, by including internal stakeholders
like supplier quality, purchasing, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in technical program/project management
of electrical wiring harnesses and/or 12v / low-voltage
- 5+ years of professional experience in the automotive
- A proven track record of development and delivery of technical
- Experience in automotive development processes, including
design reviews, change management i.e. ECR evaluation with the
supplier(s), deviation requests, etc.
- Experience with 3D CAD and 2D drawing tools: Catia, SolidWorks,
Siemens Capital, etc.
- Individual contributor of design and development of complex
electromechanical components is highly valued.
- Experience with automotive communication and diagnostics
protocols (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, etc.)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodologies.
- Experience building, developing and managing highly effective
program management tools and processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the
ability to work in a high-paced highly complex cross-functional
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with the ability
to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of
delivering projects on time.
- Ability to inspire confidence to the executive members as well
as the engineering project teams
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex problems and effectively
facilitate the team to a decision and coordinate the action
- Solid root-cause analysis sense with the ability to correlate
e.g. product architecture modifications to technical changes.
- Solid skills in evaluation and criticism of engineering
decisions and changes.
- Available for frequent business travel within and outside of
- Experience with AUTOSAR architecture
- Knowledge of automotive and safety standards (e.g.
ASPICE, ISO26262, etc.)
- Experience with hardware-related SW development (e.g.
microcontroller abstraction layers, drivers, etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian Software (JIRA, Confluence).
- BS or MS in Automotive/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics
Engineering, or equivalent. A Master’s degree is highly
- Project Management training. PMP certificate is highly
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Sunnyvale , Technical Program Manager, Wiring Harness Systems, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!