Manager, HiL Test
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager of HiL Test
who will manage a team of engineers. You will own the test process
of Hardware In the Loop (HIL) level, including commissioning, test
plan and automation. You will also lead test automation strategy,
develop scripts (MATLAB, Python etc.) to perform automated testing
cycles. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead the test process to implement test standards, best
practices and workflows as required
- Own the test process of Hardware In the Loop (HIL) level,
including commissioning, test plan and automation
- Collaborate with Controls, Software and other Design engineers,
create test cases and derive test procedures / sequences based on
requirements and feature listings
- Lead test automation strategy, develop scripts (MATLAB, Python
etc.) to perform automated testing cycles
- Support any qualification of test setups necessary to validate
- Work with vendors to understand and solve issues and lead the
development of custom tools
- Jointly own approval of test software, test procedures and test
cases with product and controls/design engineers and perform test
setup / software validation testing during the off-hours
- Develop and plan test runs according to the integration release
- Support test runs at various levels of integration, and
document test results
- Report and escalate issues as appropriate and participate in
triaging of issues with different teams
- Participate in the design of a world class engineering effort
to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 10+ years of experience in model based design and/or testing
workflows with automotive software
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Hands on experience in safety critical software development and
testing methods - requirements to source code
- Experience in developing and maintaining MIL, HIL, system
verification test cases and test infrastructure
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, Vector tools etc.
other popular automotive tools
- Experience in building and using HIL test setups (Speedgoat,
dSpace, OpalRT and their relevant tools), system level test benches
and CAN / LIN / Automotive Ethernet network verification tools
(e.g. CANoe, CANalyzer, VehSpy etc.)
- Expert knowledge in test automation and scripting languages and
tools (MATLAB, Python, Jenkins, ECU-Test, AutomationDesk or
- Experience in plant modeling (Electrical Motors, High Voltage
Battery Systems, Vehicle Dynamics and Thermal System) - you deeply
understand mechanical and electrical systems
- Sound understand of functional safety standards and testing
- Bachelor of Science, in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical,
Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Sunnyvale , Manager, HiL Test, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!