Sr. Systems Engineer, Connectivity
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer,
Connectivity Solutions. The ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
determination. Candidates shall demonstrate excellence in their
respective fields, possess the ability to learn quickly, and strive
for perfection within a fast-paced environment. This role requires
a mix of system and solution architecture capabilities and
cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Drive cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed
requirements and architecture specifications for the
next-generation Connectivity solutions spanning next-generation
telematics communication gateways and secure vehicle access control
- Define the project/product benefits and success criteria along
with the priorities and arrive at executable roadmaps.
- Author Connectivity and Access Control systems RFPs, RFQs, SoWs
and evaluate suppliers
- Ensure complete requirements and architecture traceability and
compliance to industry standards.
- Closely collaborate with the Verification and Development
engineers to establish product excellence; the teams span internal
and external teams, including suppliers and partners.
- Ensure optimization of software through design reviews and code
- Integrate with extended teams including Controls, Security,
Infotainment, UX to realize the overall project objectives on time
and within budget.
- Regularly communicate vision, features, priorities,
deliverables, and goals to our stakeholders via program
documentation, launch announcements, release notes, brown bags,
seminars, user training.
- Approach challenges/problems laterally across the systems and
domains and vertically drill down to subsystems and elements
involved and reconcile gaps and contradictions.
- Follow-through and Follow-up diligently to unblock the issues
- The ideal candidate shall have at least six years or more of
industry experience in the roles of architects, and technical
product management in the communications technologies spanning Low
Frequency (LF), NFC, UWB, BLE, Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G, and GNSS, network
and information security, routing, and switching, along with
- Hands-on experience in using oscilloscopes, CAN tools, protocol
analyzers, and RF spectrum analyzers.
- Candidates with prior experience in some of the following areas
would be preferred.
- Passive entry passive start solutions (PEPS), remote key-less
entry (RKE), and digital key solutions
- High-accuracy localization technologies, including
- Experience using requirement management systems like JAMA,
JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools.
- Knowledge of emerging connected car initiatives and standards,
including connected car consortium (CCC) and V2X
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience with vehicle-to-cloud connectivity solutions,
including MQTT and cloud infrastructure
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Sunnyvale , Sr. Systems Engineer, Connectivity, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!