Sr. Mapping and Localization Engineer - ADAS/AD
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Senior Mapping and Localization
Engineer for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position
requires an excellent professional with a strong programming skills
and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art mapping and localization
- Work in a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team
- Design mapping and localization software architecture for Lv.
2/3/4 autonomous driving systems
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting
edge mapping and localization software stack into the Lucid
- Implement Safety Critical software compliant with automotive
quality and safety standards
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust
implementation and deployment of localization and mapping products
- Support the production validation and verification of the
mapping and localization algorithms using prototype vehicles,
- Enhance and improve the existing s/w stacks of the autonomous
- Design and develop a cutting-edge s/w algorithm for the future
autonomous driving systems
- BS or Masters in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or other related
- 5 to 7 years of experience in one or more of the following
areas related to mapping and localization for ADAS / AD: state
estimation, probabilistic filtering, SLAM, LIDAR based
localization, 3D reconstruction.
- Strong C++ programming experience and in-depth knowledge of
object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and
software design skills.
- A solid foundation in math and robotics to propose creative
solutions for autonomous systems.
- In-depth knowledge or experiences in key areas of Kalman
filters, SLAM, sensor fusion, and inertial navigation
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork skills, and
experience in working in agile development teams
- Experiences with cameras, radars, LiDAR, GPS/IMU and in-depth
knowledge for related data processing
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
knowledge and creativity required to solve Autonomous Driving
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and
verification on system and vehicle level
- Capability to read and implement the state-of-the-art novel
state estimation, sensor fusion techniques related to localization
and mapping. Familiarity with large scale optimization
- Track record of delivering Robotics or AV software product.
Knowledge of Middleware systems like ROS
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Sunnyvale , Sr. Mapping and Localization Engineer - ADAS/AD, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!