Senior Full Stack Java Web Developer
Posted on: September 13, 2021
What does an exceptional Full Stack Developer do?
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be a part of a small but
growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and
maintaining a suite of cutting edge merchant facing web
applications, powering business critical point-of-sale/payments
reporting APIs in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. Our
Full Stack Developers utilize their Java Server Engineering and Web
Development experience in understanding the constraints and needs
of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire
team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help
define the long-term architecture for the full suite of
applications. We are seeking flexible engineers who are not afraid
to be involved in product discussions, work with multiple parts of
the stack and own their services end to end.
As a Full Stack Developer, you can look forward to:
- Owning one or more of the web services; adding new features,
resolving bugs, and refactoring/ improving code base.
- Developing new features and services in Java based server
applications, backed by relational DB and our data warehouse.
- Designing and implementing REST APIs for mobile and web clients
including our payment devices, web dashboard, and 3rd party
- Drive merchant-facing services, features from development
through deployment, and production monitoring.
- Work in a cross functional team with Product Managers,
Designers, QA, and operations.
- Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and
assisting the business team with realistic project planning and
- Translating product and design requirements into functional,
maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company
- Working with the Infrastructure Team to design data models and
deploy large-scale highly available services.
- Working with QA to develop test plans and strategies.
- Writing automated tests for web and server features.
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a
strong product setting.
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban
- Participating in a regular on call rotation.
The above statements are intended only to describe the
general nature of the job and should not be construed as an
all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- Experience with modern web UI technologies (HTML5, CSS3)
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Experience with API design
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software
Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Angular,
- Experience working on distributed applications such as
high-volume transactional systems.
- Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Python scripting experience
- Experience in developing automated unit and integration
- Experience working with a cloud based data warehouse
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as
Babel, Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Bower, etc.
- Some exposure to CSS precompilers, such as Sass or Less
- Experience in building single page web applications
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a
broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services
and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small
businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights
previously available only to the " big guys." At Clover, you will
be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high
growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv,
a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant
end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices,
cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for
third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The
Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular
fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums,
supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform
form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between
merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for
self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us
impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Keywords: Fiserv, Sunnyvale , Senior Full Stack Java Web Developer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!