Sr Android Engineer
Posted on: September 13, 2021
On a daily basis, an Android Engineer working on Clover GO will
spend 10% of the time reviewing designs of new features, 60% of the
time developing features, 20% of the time
investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and about 10% of the time
creating tests and helpful documentation. We are interested in
hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in
product discussions and interactions with cross functional
As an Android Developer, you can look forward to:
Owning one, or more, of the Clover applications; adding new
features, resolving bugs, and refactoring/ improving code base.
Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and
assisting the business team with realistic project
planning and feature development; translating product requirements
into functional, maintainable, extensible
software that is in-line with company objectives.
Implementing new Clover applications as needed; taking ownership of
the new product from development
through deployment and production monitoring.
Collaborating with Server Application Engineers to determine the
best way to maintain low response times as new features are
Working with QA to develop test plans/strategies.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years of experience in Android application development.
• 5+ years of experience in Java/Kotlin
• Familiarity with databases and schema design (MySQL)
• Familiar with 3rd party libraries for Android
• Familiar with databases and schema design
• Experience with server technologies, REST web services
• UI development, optimal performance, adaptation to various screen
• Experience building and testing large-scale Android apps and/or
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Knowledge of CI/CD automation
• Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and flow
• RXJava, functional programming, Design patterns such as MVP,
MVVM, and MVI
• Experience with analytics
• Test driven development methodology. (UI Automator/Espresso)
Who We Are:
Every day, Clover devices and apps handle the core credit card and
point-of-sale processing for hundreds of
thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud
platform providing processing, storage and
collaboration for merchants, application developers, service
providers and our merchants’ customers. To supportall of this, we
have a team of engineers dedicated to ensuring our systems remain
operational, safe and secure.
In the coming year the Clover Go mobile app is expanding services
to more international markets. We’re
integrating with new payment devices and platforms and driving the
requirement for key services within the
Clover engineering ecosystem.
We plan to further grow our semi-integrated partnerships, expand
services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant
management, and ramp up existing services for global expansion.
Keywords: Fiserv, Sunnyvale , Sr Android Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!