Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Manager – Body Structures.
The body structures group is responsible for product engineering
from studio to launch. The manager will lead the team of design
engineers and integrate all simultaneous engineering requirements
of the body structure of current and future Lucid
This position requires an experienced professional with
in-depth technical expertise in structures, body performance
indicators, materials, joining technologies, structural adhesives,
fasteners, and corrosion in combination with high performance team
management skills. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude
and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their
respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to
strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a world-class body structure engineering team
- Interface with suppliers, product data management, supply
chain, manufacturing and other internal and external
- Drive the engineering of structures with a focus on structural
performance, weight, cost, timing, feasibility, package, and other
simultaneous engineering factors
- Work with CAE and testing teams
- Engineer body structures for world class crash, NVH, and
- Expand the team in 2021 to take on future Lucid Motors
- Demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented manager with
technical depth and breadth
- Full program cycle experience from concept to production launch
in automotive field
- Expertise in and understanding of materials and processes
commonly used in automotive body structure applications
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a
fast-paced startup environment
- Profound knowledge of structural engineering and demonstrable
track record of technical excellence and program
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with outstanding
- Over 5 years of experience in a relevant technical
- Over 3 years of experience leading teams of
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an
integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement engineering
fundamentals and management skills
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.