Senior Software Development Test Engineer
Posted on: September 12, 2021
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering
team building applications that transform the way merchants run and
manage their business. As a Senior SDET, you will play a critical
role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to
support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run
thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely
and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover
product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label
printers and barcode scanners.
As a Senior Software Development Test Engineer you
Validating Code Quality
- Identify and raise awareness of inconsistencies in
specifications and implementation.
- Participate in code reviews to find opportunities to ensure
compliance with corporate guidelines and improve the quality of the
- Identify the root cause of problems; identify and implement
solutions to these. Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability for
the team. Tackle problems in a manner which is re-usable and
applicable across multiple projects.
- Creating and evaluating test cases for accuracy and
applicability for products under test
- Performing consumer experience testing of products
- Executing test cases efficiently across all functional areas of
Android and web-based products
- Communicating testing progress through creating and maintaining
- Finding bugs and validate specifications through black box
testing techniques (like test matrices, combination testing, and
risk analysis) and gray box testing techniques (like database
querying and source code analysis)
- Working outside of application testing, including into any one
of the following areas: automation, platform, and
internationalization and localization.
- Writing functional, integration, and customer workflows
(end-to-end) automation to validate product functionality and
integration with dependencies.
- Developing, updating, and executing software test plans,
automated frameworks and programs.
- Planning and carrying out performance, load, and stress
- Implementing, executing, and debugging automated test scripts
using various technology and tools.
- Demonstrating proficiency in writing technical
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and/or Software Development
- Experience in managing test plans, test results and running
- Experience in defining best practices for quality assurance
process and KPIs
- Experience in testing Android and Web based applications
- Experience writing automated test scripts in Java script, java,
Appium, Selenium, or UI Automator.
- Experience in programming or scripting languages like. (Java,
- Experience testing REST API calls.
- Experience in writing advanced level SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of REST/HTTP/SOAP and JSON.
- Experienced with Windows and Linux
- Experience in using different defect tracking tools (JIRA) ,
MySQL/Oracle , jenkins, Git
- Ability to set up test environments and test beds.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Industry Certifications in Quality Assurance, Agile Scrum, or
- Previous experience as QA /Tech Lead or People Leadership to
include mentoring, professional development, and performance
- Experience in working with Android and IOS devices
- Experience testing developing for Android USB peripheral
- Experience with Android SDK performance tools such Android
- Testing Mobile, Tablet, and/or Handheld Device iOS/Android
- Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies such as
TDD, data-driven testing.
- Experience working with e-commerce, shopping cart, or payment
- Experience with mobile payments and architecture, including,
NFC, TSMs, OTA, secure elements, contactless payments,
online/remote payments, QR Codes, cloud-based payments and chip
cards (contact and contactless)
- Exposure to POS Hardware and/or Payment Software.
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services
and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small
businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights
previously available only to the “big guys.” At
Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a
fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a
parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments
enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step
with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant
end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices,
cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for
third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The
Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular
fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums,
supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform
form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between
merchants and their customers daily.
We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology
who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one
transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find
Your Forward with us.
Keywords: Fiserv, Sunnyvale , Senior Software Development Test Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!