Java Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on: September 9, 2021
What does an exceptional Java Infrastructure Engineer
As a Senior Java Infrastructure Engineer, you will be a part of
a small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for
creating and maintaining event-based distributed data pipelines
that power a suite of cutting edge merchant facing analytical web
applications in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. Our
Server Engineers work closely with the technical operations and
Product Teams. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities,
enjoy working in an interactive model where application features
and server improvements are released every other week. We are
seeking flexible hands-on engineers who are not afraid to be
involved in product discussions, work with multiple parts of the
stack and own their services end to end.
As a Java Infrastructure Engineer, you can look forward
- Collaborate with partner teams to build and support state of
the art data streams, pipelines and microservices.
- Scale systems sustainably and evolve them by pushing for
changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Developing cloud hosted services and features to translate
product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible
software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Being responsible for your merchant-facing services/features
from development through deployment and production monitoring.
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing well documented, testable, modular and maintainable
- Being a team player with an ability to collaborate well with
- Partnering with the technical operation team to write
configuration and infrastructure as code to deploy large-scale
highly available services.
- Writing useful automated unit and integration tests where
possible, working with QA to develop test plans and strategies as
- Being a highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about
software development and is curious to learn new technologies.
- Putting on a detective hat to debug production issues and help
Clover merchants as part of a regular on-call rotation.
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Sprint
The above statements are intended only to describe the
general nature of the job and should not be construed as an
all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- 4+ years of experience with MySQL or similar relational
- Experience with REST API design and development
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software
Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience with eventing technologies like Kafka,
RabbitMQ, AWS Kinesis, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, Google Pub/Sub, AWS
SQS or similar.
- Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
- Experience writing efficient SQL queries including multi-table
joins, experience with JDBC
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Python scripting experience
- Data warehouse experience (Snowflake preferred)
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a
broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services
and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small
businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights
previously available only to the " big guys." At Clover, you will
be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high
growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv,
a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant
end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices,
cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for
third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The
Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular
fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums,
supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform
form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between
merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for
self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us
impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Fiserv, Sunnyvale , Java Infrastructure Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!