KinderCare Education operates more than
1,380 early learning centers, and more
than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team
of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon.
In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one
of only 39 companies worldwide to win this
- In neighborhoods
with our?KinderCare®?Learning Centers?that offer early childhood education and child
care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work
through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits
for employers including on-site and near-site early learning
centers and back-up care for last-minute child
- In local schools
with our?Champions®?before and after-school
KinderCare is the national leader in Early
Childhood Education with almost 2000 locations across our
KinderCare Community centers, Champions (before and after school
programs), and KinderCare At Work (corporate partnerships).
We have a passion for educating the future leaders and are
Building Confidence For Life in our classrooms every
In the Technology team, we are undertaking a
comprehensive digital transformation by recruiting the best and
brightest and building and supporting best-in-class systems that
uplift the family experience and enable our center staff to focus
on the children.
If you are looking for a role where your work
can positively impact the lives of children--KinderCare is the
company for you!
Who you are\:
• You are a skilled software engineer, who has
demonstratable experience designing, building, and supporting
ASP.NET enterprise applications and APIs to support several
critical lines of business.
• You are a leader who strives to empower others
with a proven ability to influence those around you.
• You have a strong Lean/Agile mindset and
substantial experience on Agile teams.
• You can effectively set and manage expectations
at all levels of the organization.
• You have a passion for learning, designing, and
implementing new technology and a keen eye for optimization of
• You are a highly engaged and collaborative team
member with exceptional communication skills, able to bring the
team along with you.
• You are an innovator, skilled at using
cutting-edge technologies to solve complex business
• You can present complex technical ideas clearly
and to non-technical audiences, tying their value back to business
benefits including at an executive level.
• Providing leadership within a talented team of
software engineers in an Agile environment to utilize cutting edge
technologies including ASP.NET Core, Kendo controls, Entity
Framework, API Layer, oData, and REST to design and transformation
our mission-critical applications crucial to several rapidly
growing lines of business.
• Responsible for the organization and tracking
of work for multiple developers on large, complex projects.
• Championing best-practices within the
• Optimizing solutions for support, usability,
• Collaborating with on architectural design
across Enterprise technologies and teams
• Leading support and triage activities,
including rotational on-call duties.
Hands-On Technical Experience\:
.Net/C# coding experience using Visual Studio (or
• Object-oriented programming (OOP)
• SQL Server /TSQL and Stored Procedures
• Software design principles – OOD, TDD, and GoF
• RESTful web services
• .Net 2.0, 4.0, 4.5, and .NET Core
• AngularJS or other JS frameworks
• CSS 3.0, HTML 5.0 and jQuery
• Automated Unit Test and Integration Testing
using nUnit and mocking (or equivalent)
• Azure or AWS Cloud
• OWASP top 10
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members
across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education
providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes
KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®,
Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge
Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.