Posted on: September 5, 2021
What does an exceptional POS Software Architect do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering
team building applications that transform the way merchants run
manage their business. As an Architect, you will play a critical
role in planning and producing quality, reliable, and scalable
to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can
run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard
remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The
Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt
label printers and barcode scanners.
This position is in Clover's Point of Sale / Consumer zone. We are
responsible for building software solutions that allow our
to provide their customers with online ordering, loyalty, feedback,
and promotion capabilities. As an architect on our Point of Sale
Consumer team, your squad will be delivering a microservice-based
architecture to allow distributed engineering teams to develop
deploy consumer facing solutions around the world. We’re looking
for someone with both client side Android application
and server side development experience.
As an Architect, you will:
- Contribute to all aspects of project development and delivery
with specific focus on the development of new features and
enhancements to support integration of Fiserv systems to facilitate
opening new channels of business.
- Architect new features and infrastructural changes to our
existing products, to meet our business needs. This includes the
end-to-end system design, including data model changes, server side
end point changes, and Android app architecture changes. You will
be driving the modernization of our Android apps to adopt the
latest platform features and design patterns where applicable.
- Drive best practices in software development, including design
reviews, and code reviews.
- Mentor the other engineers on the team. You will work with the
Product managers to provide estimates and clarify
- Perform production support as part of a regular on-call
You are the type of person who:
- The ability to see the "big picture" and coordinate with other
teams to deliver benefits beyond your own organization, while
continuing to deliver on your responsibilities and commitments
- The ability to work with cross functional teams to gather and
define requirements, and translate them into functional and
- The ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work
across time zones
- Has strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Understands the necessity and value of accuracy and attention
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 12+ years of experience with designing, developing and
deploying complex Android / server applications in a production
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Experience with Kotlin programming
- Experience using the latest Android architecture
- Experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or
- Experience with MySQL and JDBC; experience with JPA, such as
Hibernate, is a plus
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of
client tools such as Postman and cUR?
- Experience leading teams of developers and demonstrated success
delivering complex systems into production
- Experience operating and supporting critical business
- Experience building POS or Payments related applications
- Experience working with remote teams
Keywords: Fiserv, Sunnyvale , POS Architect, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!