Software Development Engineer in Test
Posted on: September 3, 2021
What does an exceptional Software Development Engineer in
Test (SDET) do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering
team building applications that transform the way merchants run and
manage their business. As a SDET, you will play a critical role in
producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support
our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands
of orders and transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely
and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover
product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label
printers and barcode scanners.
Our test engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities, enjoy
working in an interactive model where application features and
server improvements are released every month. We are seeking
flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product
discussions, able to write automation tests when it makes sense and
able to execute manual system tests as needed.
As a SDET, you can look forward to:
- Creating and evaluating test cases for accuracy and
functionality for products under test.
- Executing test cases efficiently across web-based and android
- Finding bugs and validate specifications through manual testing
techniques (like test matrices, combination testing, and risk
analysis) and gray box testing techniques (like database querying
and source code analysis)
- Implementing, executing, and debugging automated test scripts
using various technology and tools.
- Planning and carrying out performance, load, and stress
- Performing consumer experience testing of products.
- Writing functional, integration, and customer workflows
(end-to-end) automation to validate product functionality and
integration with dependencies.
- Communicating testing progress through developing and
maintaining test plans.
- Demonstrating proficiency in writing technical
- Putting on a detective hat to debug production issues and help
Clover merchants as part of a regular bug triage rotation.
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Sprint
The above statements are intended only to describe the
general nature of the job and should not be construed as an
all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required.
- 3-5 years of Quality Assurance and/or Software Development
- Experience in testing Web based and android applications
- Experience writing automated test scripts in Cypress,
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Ability to set up test environments and test beds.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience working on Mac or Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of REST/HTTP/SOAP and JSON. Experience
testing REST API calls.
- Industry Certifications in Quality Assurance, Agile Scrum, or
- Experience in working with Android and IOS devices
- Experience in defining best practices for quality assurance
process and KPIs
- Experience in programming or scripting languages like. (Java,
- Experience in using different defect tracking tools (JIRA) ,
MySQL/Oracle , jenkins, Git
- Experience with Android SDK performance tools such Android
- Testing Mobile, Tablet, and/or Handheld Device iOS/Android
- Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies such as
TDD, data-driven testing.
- Experience working with POS (point of sale), payments or
- Experience in managing test plans, test results and running
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a
broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services
and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small
businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights
previously available only to the " big guys." At Clover, you will
be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high
growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv,
a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant
end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices,
cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for
third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The
Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular
fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums,
supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform
form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between
merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for
self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us
impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Fiserv, Sunnyvale , Software Development Engineer in Test, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!