What does an exceptional Manager, Software Engineering do?
We’re looking for a seasoned engineering leader to lead
and deliver Clover solutions from design through development,
deployment into production, and operational support across existing
and expanding regions. To keep pace with our remarkable growth, you
will help modernize the design and development of a globally used
point of sale system. Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale
system with an elegant end-to-end solution that includes
cloud-enabled POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for
third-party developers, customer facing applications for online
ordering and rewards. The Clover platform delivers solutions that
scale from small businesses to sport and entertainment venues
globally, supporting millions of payment transactions
As a Manager, Software Engineering, you will:
• Lead teams of 6-8 engineers and manage their
deliverables, execution, and career growth through mentoring and
• Manage vendor resources in multiple geographical
locations, both in the US and globally.
• Provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team;
foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, and
• Work with 3rd party developers, ISV and Shopping cart
integrators to integrate Clover API
* Have a passion for coaching and mentoring teams, helping
individuals grow professionally and technically.
• Participate in Agile scrum meetings including sprint
planning, standups and retrospectives.
• Ensure that we are keeping pace with the technology that
balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a
technically challenging and fun development environment.
• Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Design,
Quality, Operations, and Customer Support.
• Define roadmaps and schedules, and deliver high-quality
solutions for our clients and partners.
• Participate in bug triage meetings and help prioritize
bugs raised from internal and external customers.
• Review technical designs and delivery of high-quality
• Assess risks based on product complexity, resource,
and/or timeline constraints.
• Maintain relationships with internal & external partners
during the implementation process to ensure that any critical
issues are promptly addressed.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, related discipline in
Computer Science and/or Engineering is preferred. Experience
building customer facing applications
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in distributed computing
and Web application development
• 5+ years of experience as a People Leader managing small
to midsize teams
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience with backend / web application
• Experience with MySQL or similar relational
• Experience with eCommerce Payment
• Experience building distributed, service oriented,
microservices-style, and cloud-based application architectures (we
use Spring Boot on Google Cloud, and transitioning to