Vehicle Controls Calibration Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Engineer for Powertrain
Calibrations. This position requires a professional who will
be responsible for the calibration of the vehicle and motor control
ECUs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment.
- Calibrate vehicle and motor controls to meet drivability,
performance, NVH, and efficiency goals.
- Take a disciplined and data-driven approach to tuning for
subjective and objective targets.
- Have a working understanding of vehicle dynamics, control
theory, and electric powertrains. Be able to model vehicle or
system behavior to develop educated preliminary calibrations before
testing on vehicle.
- Travel to test facilities to support other teams with
calibration, data acquisition, and analysis.
- Have a good understanding of software structure and development
from requirements derivation to software validation.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate calibrations against
subjective, objective, and functional safety requirements.
- Experience in chassis controls or drivability calibration,
particularly for electric powertrains.
- Strong understanding of control theory.
- Experience with calibration processes and calibration
management tools like AVL Creta or Vector CDM.
- Experience in data acquisition and analysis with Vector
CANalyzer/CANape or similar.
- Programming proficiency in Matlab, Python, or similar tools for
data analysis and model creation.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills based in strong
- Driving experience recommended.
- 2+ years relevant professional experience.
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or other
appropriate engineering discipline.
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Sunnyvale , Vehicle Controls Calibration Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!