Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Responsible for designing, configuring, and implementing
cloud-based solutions for all teams at Comcast Silicon Valley.
Reviews and documents all development activity. Trains other
employees and non-technical personnel on best practices and is the
SME for cloud-based solutions. Collaborates with network and system
operations to craft a stable and secure infrastructure for our
products. Optimally communicates technical and business
requirements to management and all teams as required.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements and crafts solutions accordingly.
- Guides teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying
changes to existing software.
- Automates infrastructure and application deployment for
customers on AWS.
- Leads all aspects of the researching, writing, and editing of
documentation and technical requirements.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Review's literature, patents, and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
mentorship with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level DevOps
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills.
Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, be a part of on-call rotation and do
overtime, as vital.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, can juggle bowling pins and
ability to convey ideas clearly and interact with people at all
- 3-4 years of experience as a Devops Engineer
- Experience building, configuring, and implementing AWS cloud
- Strong knowledge of AWS core technologies like - VPC, EC2,
Elastic Load balancers, RDS, ECS, S3, IAM, Route 53, Auto Scaling
Groups, Security Groups, Endpoints, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail,
- Solid understanding of build automation and CI/CD
- Scripting experience with Python
- Experience with containers (Dockers)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools like
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience deploying Elastic search clusters for
Preferred Qualifications (Optional, but preferred)
- Familiarity with either Apache or Nginx or another web
- Experience working with monitoring frameworks
- Proficient in DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking, and
- Experience supporting Linux in an environment larger than 100
- Able to automate routine tasks in Linux and Cobol with bash and
- AWS architecture, developer, or devops certifications a
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs, and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and
This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Sunnyvale , Sr. Dev Ops Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!