Sr. Software Development Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Drive the architecture of the complex multi-platform with the
focus on performance. Review hardware designs, review vendor
solutions, select chip-sets. Architect and develop core modules.
the design of new features in software applications, tools, and
services using object-oriented design, C/C++, Java, Rust. Diagnose
and optimize performance bottlenecks in the system tied to the use
of system resources like , CPU and memory. Gather business and
functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and
end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications
to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well
between a range of complex . Serve as technical throughout the
development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning,
conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation,
delivery and maintenance. Provide design reviews for other
engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as
well as integration, performance and scalability. Manage resources
on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones,
and priorities are compatible with technology and business
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Master's degree
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience in designing and developing new features in software
applications, tools, and services using object-oriented design, ,
- Understanding of Performance tuning in /Android
- Experience with OS level development.
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Extensive knowledge of the Android/Linux on framework and HAL
- Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and
- Experience working on consumer electronics products
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with
multiple, changing priorities
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical
leadership and never shy away from a challenge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Sunnyvale , Sr. Software Development Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!