Data Scientist, Game Analytics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Do you want to help connect people all over the world, and work
on a team building the next generation of planet scale AR games?
We're looking for hardworking people to help our company become
more data focused; folks with the ability to be dedicated,
thorough, and independent while working in a dynamic, fast-paced
- You will work with a team of hard-working analytics, data
science professionals, and cross-functional teams to identify
business opportunities, optimize product performance or go to
- You will analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data;
develop deep-dive analysis and models to drive player value.
- Translate quantitative findings in concise and clear messages
to leadership and external partners.
- Have a "product first" mentality that aligns with our mission,
values and strategy.
- Drive consensus; independently deliver data insights that drive
cross-functional decisions across multiple teams.
- Be a hands-on self-starter and stay on top of data science
- Extensive experience with SQL; deep knowledge using Python or
- Deep understanding of statistics, live product analytics, and
- Knowledge and experience with A/B testing or randomized control
- BA/BS in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science,
machine learning, economics or a related field.
- Graduate degree in relevant fields preferred but not
- 2+ years work experience in data science or relevant role.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field: statistics, operations
research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied
mathematics, economics, etc.
- Industry experience in social, community or gaming
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to
synthesize, simplify and explain problems to different types of
audience, including executives.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking
creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products
inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pokmon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current
titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress,
record-breaking AR game Pokmon GO, and recently released third
title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are
supported and included is essential to creating great products our
community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring
diverse voices, including those who are traditionally
underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this
to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value
intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have
growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los
Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Keywords: Niantic, Sunnyvale , Data Scientist, Game Analytics, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!