Program Manager, Economic Development, Global Data Centers
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of professional project or program management
experience within a corporate organization (tax, policy, legal,
real estate, etc.), law firm, accounting firm, consultancy, or
- Experience managing projects within or for organizations.
- Experience with contract management, budgeting, and
- MBA, or other relevant professional certification.
- Experience with any of the following: large collocation, site
selection for high-technology, industrial-scale projects; real
estate evaluation, acquisition, development, and construction;
utility agreements; energy-related issues and clean energy
- Government affairs and public policy experience.
- Experience or familiarity with a range of issues such as
indirect taxes, economic development policy, infrastructure
development, contract drafting and redlining, and presentation
- Ability to exhibit the highest standards of business, ethics,
discretion, and confidentiality.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's
why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for
everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program
Manager at Google, you'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects
from start to finish - working with stakeholders to plan
requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and
communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the
company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and
hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them
up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around
us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As
part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build
diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to
cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, you will have a key role in helping to
drive location strategy, site selection, and portfolio management
for new and existing data centers sites and related infrastructure.
You will primarily support the development of the company's global
economic development program for data centers. This is a dynamic
role, working closely with a worldwide network of internal
stakeholders as well as strategic vendors to support the growth of
Google's products and services, and to provide the infrastructure
that will help expand the company's global reach. You will work
closely with the Economic Development team to support business
discussions with key stakeholders.
- Develop long-term global strategies for data center economic
development that take into account multiple internal and external
- Identify and assess economic development trends, risks, and
opportunities; develop recommendations, and drive product,
geography, industry, and strategy evolution. Work closely with
globally distributed teams to communicate long-term strategy
frameworks, collect requirements and emerging issues, and support
bespoke analytical projects.
- Work closely with the broader Economic and Community
Development organization to build foundational standards,
guidelines, protocols, and help structure best practices for global
economic development programs and projects.
- Develop best practices for standard risk analyses impacting
long-term data center development; working with cross-functional
teams beyond primary organization. Support development,
aggregation, tracking, and reporting of portfolio related metrics,
OKRs, KPIs, and goals.
- Partner with internal development teams to design and implement
improvements to proprietary project management systems.
Keywords: Google Inc., Sunnyvale , Program Manager, Economic Development, Global Data Centers, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!